Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A great film on BBC iPlayer - go watch it! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Sigh, no, losing my sanity over here, I should get the e-mail on Monday and the letter on Tuesday. And wow, that's amazing, what about Harry and Parekhs?
    Haven't heard yet but Harry should be a shoo-in.

ReputationRep:
    i watched this film on they iplayer which was good can't remember what it was called but it had tim roth in,he's an old man who gets struck by lightening and wakes up physically in his late 30s fourties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    Blame It On Fidel

Please note that the film is in French, but it has English subtitles. Yes, I sometimes you have to be in a certain "mood" to watch these types of films, but it's worth it. Especially considering it's only available until 11:34PM Sun, 19 Dec 2010 - although my experience with iPlayer has shown that the timing is not accurate. It may get taken off at midnight, so please take time to watch it.

You do not need a television licence to catch-up on television programmes in BBC iPlayer.
    Just finished watching it! Was really great, thanks for the recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    I liked this film too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the recommendation, I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Might be worth reading a bit about Franco and Allende on wikipedia to give some background but it's not necessary to still enjoy the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    I really don't have time to watch TV live. The only thing I really watch is sports and some films. All of which I prefer to watch either alone (films like Blame It on Fidel) or with friends at a bar or something (like a football match). I take time to watch football live when it's on because it's a good way to see friends.

And even if I did have time, there aren't that many good shows (The Apprentice is almost over). And all the good shows are halfway through the lifespan (eg How I Met Your Mother). So I would have to watch them online to catch up, and by then I'll just get websites to watch them.

As a single male, there are more attractive girls out there in the world than some of the girls I see everyday.

Assume Jessica Alba was single: would you stop talking to an attractive girl you met because Jessica Alba is better looking?

If you don't listen/watch new things, you won't be open to new things.
    this is a terrible analogy with films there are limits you can access any film at any time but Jessica Alba isn't available

ReputationRep:
    That was a great film! I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant recommendation OP, that was spell-binding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    I'm watching it now, and I have to say it is brilliant!
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Brilliant recommendation OP, that was spell-binding.
    (Original post by The Devil)
    That was a great film! I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it
    (Original post by Foodie)
    Thanks for the recommendation, I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Might be worth reading a bit about Franco and Allende on wikipedia to give some background but it's not necessary to still enjoy the film.
    (Original post by lifeguardsleeping)
    I liked this film too.
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Just finished watching it! Was really great, thanks for the recommendation.
    You are all welcome. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be about The Wackness. Watched it Thursday. Pretty good, it was.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.