Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What new things have you experienced..... in your Gap Year :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    It's so true, though.
    I think you can be happy without money, but in other ways it makes sense. You have to work hard to be able to 'play hard'. I'm up at 6am monday to friday but I'm not gunna complain, because I'm well happy atm :P.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The joys of chundering everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    I think you can be happy without money, but in other ways it makes sense. You have to work hard to be able to 'play hard'. I'm up at 6am monday to friday but I'm not gunna complain, because I'm well happy atm :P.
    I agree wholly. I'm not at all opposed to getting up at the crack of dawn, in fact I'd rather like it; money isn't in itself an end of happiness, but it's certainly a means.

My problem lies in actually finding employment. Whoever said that contacts are more valuable than skills are so painfully right.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like they've been wasting time, but in actual fact, when looking back on it they've been learning about "life"?

The last 3 months have been kind of boring for me but really, I've learnt alot about myself and I've had time to think properly about where I want my life to go! After a pretty rubbish year, I'm now looking to 2011 with optimism!

I'm definitely going to university after getting unconditional offers from places I actually want to go to. I'm studying the subject I always wanted to study and I'm set to go off around the world, meet some new people and just generally become 100% independent!

I've never felt so optimistic when I'm hungover. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazor)
    Does anyone else feel like they've been wasting time, but in actual fact, when looking back on it they've been learning about "life"?

The last 3 months have been kind of boring for me but really, I've learnt alot about myself and I've had time to think properly about where I want my life to go! After a pretty rubbish year, I'm now looking to 2011 with optimism!

I'm definitely going to university after getting unconditional offers from places I actually want to go to. I'm studying the subject I always wanted to study and I'm set to go off around the world, meet some new people and just generally become 100% independent!

I've never felt so optimistic when I'm hungover. Yay!
    Wd mate. I'd +rep but I've run out

ReputationRep:
    meaning of true boredom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drpetergriffin)
    meaning of true boredom.
    Why not do something then???

ReputationRep:
    Burmah and chundah

ReputationRep:
    1) money is like gold dust - now I'm earning I've turned into such a miser. The result is £3000 in the bank so far - hopefully I can get through uni now without asking my parents for any money whatsoever!
    2) I REALLY miss education. I REALLY love history. I cannot wait for October.
    3) Offices are odd places full of odd people.
    4) The friends I've made over the past few years are more solid than I thought, and keen to keep in touch
    5) My family is lovely & especially so now that they treat me as if I'm mature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumi Nous)
    1) money is like gold dust - now I'm earning I've turned into such a miser. The result is £3000 in the bank so far - hopefully I can get through uni now without asking my parents for any money whatsoever!
    2) I REALLY miss education. I REALLY love history. I cannot wait for October.
    3) Offices are odd places full of odd people.
    4) The friends I've made over the past few years are more solid than I thought, and keen to keep in touch
    5) My family is lovely & especially so now that they treat me as if I'm mature.
    Virtually the same

I think it's also made me think deeply and value my money spent more. Might help me to try harder in my degree.

ReputationRep:
    Why not do something then???
    Ha I have. I've been travelling, visiting friends, completed work experience, sent off my UCAS and got a job e.t.c. It's just some days when there is literally nothing to do, the day moves very slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Wd mate. I'd +rep but I've run out
    Haha, thanks!

I +repped you for thinking about +repping me

ReputationRep:
    * Working (practically) full time is SO much better than school!
    * People in the workplace are so much nicer than grammar school kids
    * Family are important
    * A good friend is always important
    * earning money to support yourself is hard
    * Life experience is just as valuable as a university degree
    * e-mailing loads of people for weeks to secure a job abroad was worth it!! - moving in two weeks time =D!!!!

ReputationRep:
    1) Working for your community requires alot of commitment and I like it and i wouldn't mind doing it more often.
    2) Many friends don't really matter all that much, but I'm looking forward to going to uni and meeting new people.
    3) TV and internet can be so addictive and time consuming.
    4) family is the most important people in your life.
    5) sleeping until 12pm everyday is very bad :s.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.