Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys how would you react to this ? Would you be able to stay with your gf ? Watch

(Original post by Yawn11)
    And you're telling us because...?
    I'm interested in people's opinions and how they would handle the situation. Which I put in the original post.

I'm sure most reasonable people would be ok with it, However as one person has shown on the thread some people aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness, are you serious? Why would anyone even consider finishing with their other half for having a bad reaction to something they ate? I thought this was going to be some story about her cheating or something. If that is the worst thing that has happened in their relationship, they have got it good. Very good. It could have happened to anyone. If that were my boyfriend, I'd rather he just let it out rather than keep it in and make himself more ill.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is obviously pointless, common sense would tell you that no reasonable person would ever break up with someone cos of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    This thread is obviously pointless, common sense would tell you that no reasonable person would ever break up with someone cos of that.
    You have more faith in humanity then I do. Some guys are ****s.

Honestly though what could she do ? It's different to soiling yourself when a toilet is nearbye. In this situation ... You can only hold diarhea for so long.

I would never dump my gf for something like this. There was a show on tv a while ago where this guy had to have this procedure that meant he had a bag of his own waste on his stomach at all times. Wasn't that big a deal because you couldn't smell/see it and you could just cover it up with a bandage.

Anyway my gf asked me jokingly if I would leave her for that and I obviously said no. Even after thinking about it deeply, I really wouldn't.

Even if a complete stranger mentioned having soiled themselves it would only affect my oppinion of them until I got to know the person.

From what the op says though this girl needs to make sure that she doesn't push him away because of what he's seen. He seems like he reacted well except I would never even tell my bestfriend. She needs to move past it though. For me it seems like the thing I would be incredibly sensitive about for a few months then start the teasing

ReputationRep:
    Don't remember clearly but I think this this thread gave me nightmares

ReputationRep:
    Love means staying next to the one you love even when this person is sick. She will have to get over this. They were not the only one to have a bad weekend. Actually, right now, a lot of couple are sad because they can't flight out to join friends and family for the holidays.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.