Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to shove a hot iron rod up the GoCompare Man's a*se. Watch

ReputationRep:
    The most hated man in Britain?

Now that I remember, there used to be a radio advert running on Wave 102 radio in Dundee. There's an Italian restaurant here called, imaginatively, "The Italian". The radio advert went thus, and note there was no background music:

"The Italian" <silence for about 5s>
      "The Italian" <more silence>
      <voice intonation changes> "The Italian" <more silence>
      A bit of stuff about the restaurant
      <voice intonation sinks really low> "The Italian".

Annoying as all hell. "The Italian what??" Get on with it FFS. As soon as I heard "The" with that voice then I just flicked to another station for a minute or two. I should add that I never got round to going to that restaurant...

ReputationRep:
      A friend of mine met the Go Compare man once. Unfortunately, she was too far away even for a swift karate chop to the voice box.

ReputationRep:
      That advert makes my blood pressure rocket more so than anything else I have ever witnessed before in my 17 years of existence.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ch0llima)
      Now that I remember, there used to be a radio advert running on Wave 102 radio in Dundee. There's an Italian restaurant here called, imaginatively, "The Italian". The radio advert went thus, and note there was no background music:

"The Italian" <silence for about 5s>
      "The Italian" <more silence>
      <voice intonation changes> "The Italian" <more silence>
      A bit of stuff about the restaurant
      <voice intonation sinks really low> "The Italian".

Annoying as all hell. "The Italian what??" Get on with it FFS. As soon as I heard "The" with that voice then I just flicked to another station for a minute or two. I should add that I never got round to going to that restaurant...
      Food was decent, but the service was poor. Still, what an unbelievably **** name.

ReputationRep:
      I don't understand why everyone hates him?
      I think he's awesome

(oh ****, there goes my rep! ....It was worth it)

(Original post by BlackVenom321)
      MOooooooooo0oooon Pigggg dot come:elefant:
      This, however.... ¬¬
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Apparently they have a ''where did you hear about us?'' question on the form when you're asking for a quote. It's like they're intentionally taking the piss.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.