Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe the camera or the mirror? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinqueta)
    The camera makes me look and the mirror makes me look Which one do you believe more for yourself and why?
    The camera makes me look good, the mirror makes me look okay - I like to think other people believe the camera, although I believe the mirror

ReputationRep:
    Mirror... makes me look nice in photos...

ReputationRep:
    All I'll say is I don't believe in honesty. Bring on the Photoshop!

ReputationRep:
    Generally I look better in the mirror, 9/10 a photo of me is absolutely disgusting, the other 1/10 I look like a model :lol: But if I make the effort I always look decent in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    I always end up cringing at photographs of me. I hate it when photos go up on Facebook of a night out and I get tagged in them.

Usually photos are what people see of you rather than whats in the mirror. So I think people tend to take the photos as truth of what others look like but believe the mirror when it comes to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    The camera makes me look and the mirror makes me look Which one do you believe more for yourself and why?
    Mirror for real. I get told I'm relatively pretty, but I am just not photogenic at all :L You also get the opposite where some people look bloody amazing in photos and look not so nice in real life (whether this is the photoshop culture or just a photogenic person, I'm not sure :P).
    Someone above posted that your fluid motions define how pretty you are or not, and I would wholeheartedly agree.

ReputationRep:
    mirror i only have ever looked decent in one pic and that is my prom picture and my head it tilted to the side. if you think you look bad on photos you should see yourself recorded on video i looked so awful on my prom vt its beyonde belife.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror, because it makes me look a little less butters than the ****ing camera does.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror. I look different in photos.

ReputationRep:
    the mirror - i'm sooo not photogenic lol. i guess OP is in same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    mirror i only have ever looked decent in one pic and that is my prom picture and my head it tilted to the side. if you think you look bad on photos you should see yourself recorded on video i looked so awful on my prom vt its beyonde belife.
    lol but true, videos are even worse. i even sound muffled in videos

ReputationRep:
    The mirror. A camera doesn't capture your face in motion. Which is why so many people say to each other, "You look much better in real life..." and why airbrushing on photographs has become so common. They're not always flattering without.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Mirrors make me look better..
    As they say.. Cameras make you put on about 10 pounds.. True for me

ReputationRep:
    mirror makes me look better probably because in photos if im at a weird angle i don't look to great.
    syaing that, theres a few photos of me i like
    so maybe both?

ReputationRep:
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
    which is the fairest of them all?

I trust the mirror more, as I believe it's more accurate.

ReputationRep:
    When you look in the mirror that is how YOU see yourself but in photos it's the way other people see you if you get me. You face is reversed in the mirror.

I hate the real me haha

ReputationRep:
    The mirror.

ReputationRep:
    It's only because you're used to seeing yourself in the mirror a lot more than you're used to seeing photos of yourself.. and mirror image is the opposite of camera pics.

If you were to ask your friends whether they preferred photos or mirror image of you, they'd pick the photos, because that's what they're familiar with.

Just a useless thing I picked up in Psychology for you there..

You're vain. And probably ugly too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.