Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I'm slowly losing my religion (Islam) ... :'/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not an REM fan then?

ReputationRep:
    Just try to pray namaz regularly, read quran and translation, avoid haram and don't be mates with people who have haram influences on u. If u follow all this u should slowly become more in touch with Islam, Inshallah. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xayshx)
    i think you should start by learning the basic prayers and read as many as you can throughout the day.
    Also try and read the Quran if you know how to, and if not, you deffo need to learn how to.
    Try and read up on Islam, to answer any questions you may have aswell.
    Good luck and Inshallah you'll be guided onto the right path
    I'm not completely new to Islam, I've read the Quran twice before. I also know the namaaz but it's just the dua's and stuff that I don't know, all my friends know them, and one of my friends is a 'hafeez' and I kind of seem like an 'outcast' when I'm amongst them as they are all more educated than me in Islam.

Thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Hi! If you need religion to be happy, there's not a lot worth living for tbh! Have a pleasant day.

You should have probably put imo instead of tbh. Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craiky1506)
    It's interesting how you class yourself as a Muslim yet you neglect Islam and are out of touch with it/don't know the basics.

Do you feel like you are a Muslim because your family are and you should be also? This is purely out of self-interest, you don't have to answer to it if it's personal to you.
    Well, I believe in Allah, but yeah ofc family is an influence.
    Hope that answered your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumppp.786)
    Firstly, thank you for visiting this thread.

I'm a Muslim; the last 3 or 4 years I've neglected Islam, and not bothered to look into it, learn the basic prayers etc.
    Recently I've been really upset and down for no apparent reason, and I know this may sound stupid or w/e to those atheists; but I felt that becoming more in touch with Islam would make me feel a little better, mentality wise.

I'm stuck atm, I want to becoming more in touch with Islam but don't know where to start, or how to learn it properly and quickly.

Thanks again, TSR.
    Order some islamic books. You can order FREE islamic books from the following website:
    http://www.youngmuslimretreat.com/freebooks.htm

This is a step by reading some extracts.

ReputationRep:

I'm a Muslim; the last 3 or 4 years I've neglected Islam, and not bothered to look into it, learn the basic prayers etc.
    Recently I've been really upset and down for no apparent reason, and I know this may sound stupid or w/e to those atheists; but I felt that becoming more in touch with Islam would make me feel a little better, mentality wise.

I'm stuck atm, I want to becoming more in touch with Islam but don't know where to start, or how to learn it properly and quickly.

Thanks again, TSR.
    Dude just go to your local mosque the imaam will be more than happy to help, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Start with praying and PLEASE visit this website- http://www.easyislam.com/

I wish u all the best and I honour your courage!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need religion?

If you have an apathy towards it then perhaps it isn't for you?

I work through problems just fine without religion.

ReputationRep:
    Have you sat down and objectively assessed the theology, practices, and behaviour of the adherents, of each religion? It could well be that despite being born a Muslim you have realised that it isn't for you, for any one of a thousand reasons. Once you start studying other religions you will soon start to see that there may be far better religions than Islam - ones that won't kill you for leaving for instance.

ReputationRep:
    -
    Why do you feel that you need a religion to be happy?
    To be honest, although it's not an easy solution, I think you need to take a step back, and work out WHY you're not happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulsmithfan)
    It's clear thinking not a belief. Belief means to think something is true without knowing if it is or not. If someone wanted to 'know' the Truth they would not chain themselves to religion which is just another way of staying asleep. I am glad the OP is losing their religion as it means they are stop being deluded by it. Only fear will pull them back into it's warm fold for another spot of hibernation.
    I'm sorry but you are simply mistaken about the definitions of belief and knowledge.
    You should study philosophy, it comes in useful with such discussions.

It is generally agreed among philosophers that a belief is any proposition which someone holds to be true.

Philosophers generally agree that knowledge of a proposition P requires 3 components:
    1) That P is true.
    2) That the individual believes P.
    3) That the individual is warranted in its belief of p.

So belief is necessary for knowledge, it is a component of knowledge.
    Knowledge just goes further than belief.

I haven't got much to say for Islam as I am a Christian, but I just wanted to point you out on some faulty reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    Whether you end up a muslim again or an atheist, I hope you get there soon mate, because the limbo you're in sucks. I was there a few years ago, and it was one of the most horrible things I'd had to go through... and honestly I blame the people who got all the religious stuff into my head in the first place.

If you end up being an atheist, it might feel a little weird at first, because your outlook on life is different. Before, you were someone's tool, a piece in a puzzle with a purpose in something grander than yourself; being an atheist, on the other hand, allows you to appreciate the grandness of life itself, and just how amazing it really is without resigning yourself to having no ultimate meaning of your own.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not 'losing your religion' you're not ****ing sane.

**** all the arguments, organised religion is a ****ing joke.

ReputationRep:
    "I feel like I'm slowly losing my religion (Islam) "...yeah, that's what usually happens when you grow up and start to question things that daddy brainwashes you to believe. Trust me, you're better off not following a bogus set of rules.

ReputationRep:
    Actually its not what you are neglecting that is making you low, but the fear of neglecting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    How has no-one said anything about R.E.M yet?
    reread the first reply

ReputationRep:
    Nice song lyric reference.

ReputationRep:
    Try reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.
    To quote - "believing in god is like believing in fairies at the bottom of the garden"

ReputationRep:

Thanks again, TSR.
    learn to do prayers asap and read the qur'an for a start, thats the best way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.