Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did you become totally comfortable with your body? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with it, but I would like more muscle - but that will come since i've been working out regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Always been quite happy with it. To fit in I moaned with the rest of them about "I'm so fat!" but I hardly thought about it. It was a quick phase anyway. I've got so many other things to think about than how I look to others...!

Sorry but I don't sympathise. Your language is a bit over the top (it just annoys me when people say 'actually' too much, everyone overuses it). Coupled with the fact that everyone seems to be 'admitting' to having low self esteem these days, it's a trend. You may feel unhappy with it now, but why make a big deal out of it? It's only looks.
    Read The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf if you really want to get rid of this feeling.

ReputationRep:
    About a year ago. So I was 19 at the time .Nothing triggered it off tbh, just gradually little things didn't seem to bother me and I appreciated what I did have.

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 16- happy with my body before being a confident person.

ReputationRep:
    When I found out I was pregnant. I realise now I LOVE my body and don't want it to ever change. Ahh, bad times.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 19/20.
    But then I have lost weight and actually like the way I look now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

I know everyone has little criticisms about their body, but when did you (if at all) become totally comfortable your looks and body, on the whole? At what age? Did a particular event make you change the way your saw yourself?

I'm nearly 20 now and tbh I can't actually see myself ever being at ease with my body. In fact, the other day I actually realised that I'm actually very ugly. I've always been insecure, but I thought I was okay. I'm not.

No wonder this whole term I've had no male interest. And during my first year at uni, I only pulled 3 times - once a term ONS :rolleyes: Is it wrong to base how I feel about myself on guys?

I fake confidence and get away with it tbh, the only people that really know how insecure I am, are my closest friends and they were shocked when I told them how I really feel. They all thought I was qutie happy. My friends tell me that you do get to a point where you are happy in your own skin, but I can't see it happening to me now tbh.

I'm trying to lose weight to get down from a 12 to size 10; and to get more toned. I am blessed with good curves, but they need to be more toned. But my face is just tragic. What do I do?

Sorry for the long post?
    Sorry but pikz are the only way :rolleyes:

I have always kinda been confident im my own skin, dunno why... Just one of dem guys.

Oh and size 12 is perfect, don't change, curves are what men want... (Unless they're bent)

ReputationRep:
    Never really cared, which people find odd considering I'm sickly thin at 5ft 10 weighing about 8-9stone at best. I see it as a minor thing in my life, my appearance doesn't bother me. If people ***** about it, they're not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Im really really not comfortable with mine, despite being in a relationship and being complimented about how I look at times =/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.