Because YOU touch yourself at night.
    That was funny....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    That was funny....
    Thanks man, always nice to receive some kudos from the fans...:awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason why some unis have the reputation they had is based on league table and what people usually said about it, in both a bad and a good way.

ReputationRep:
    People esp people with limited life experience like extrapolate.

the difference between a top performing school (11-16) and a bottom performing one really is massive. It's a disgrace TBH.

believe it or not unis are much more of a muchness than schools are.

If anyone asked me I'd say generally you'd need a reason to pick a uni that was offering lower than your expected grades over one that was offering in line with your expected grades - but visiting the place and preferring the feel of it would be a good enough reason imo.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is full of people with very little life experience but lots of confidence who are keen to assert their "knowledge." Which is based on league tables and anecdotal evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    You say that, but I've seen it written on here endless times that a first is a first wherever you go, that Cambridge give out way more firsts/2.1s than anywhere else (blatantly not true in maths/physical sciences just from trawling unistats for five minutes) and that the Greenwich graduate would be preferred for any PhD/job over the Cambridge one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.