Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a big nose and am hating myself now Watch

Announcements

(Original post by dcspike)
    I dont want to be nosey, but is it really that big?

(Original post by lovely_me)
    When we notice things about ourself, sometimes it can grow into a complex and we percieve it to be a bigger issue than it actually is.

I'm sure your nose can't be too awful. You wouldn't say these kind of cruel things to your best friend, so why say them to yourself?
    I don't want to put pictures of myself, but this one here is the most similar to mine I found on the internet. Maybe 5% smaller. But its about that shape and size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    RIP?

WTS WRONG WITH THT KMT!

"IM LIKE HIV....MY VICTIMS ARE INCURABLE....IM LIKE HIV....I WILL ENTER U AND MAKE U DIE 4RM A FLU"

RIP Bubbles0ox
    what?

(Original post by dcspike)
    I dont want to be nosey, but is it really that big?

When we notice things about ourself, sometimes it can grow into a complex and we percieve it to be a bigger issue than it actually is.

I'm sure your nose can't be too awful. You wouldn't say these kind of cruel things to your best friend, so why say them to yourself?
    Sorry the link would be helpful:

http://www.stagefrights.com/Prosthet...itch_frame.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Im like an ethiopian runner, skinny but can go on forever.

RIP BUBBLESoX
    is this a song or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbles0ox)
    what?
    ffs!

Me n extricated will gang bang u........fmj, rapid fire, extended mags, red dot all tht on lock! Jus make sure u got scavenger pro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    ffs!

Me n extricated will gang bang u........fmj, rapid fire, extended mags, red dot all tht on lock! Jus make sure u got scavenger pro
    What does that mean?

(Original post by Hopple)
    Anon1 + Anon2 = babies with even bigger noses. How could you wish such a thing on innocent babies?
    People like you should die painfully of cancer.

ReputationRep:
    OP, why are you lying?

ReputationRep:
    OP. I'm sure your nose couldn't possibly be that big that's getting in the way of how you're living and your self esteem and ability to get girls. Surely it can't be?

You only live once and if you genuinely feel it is getting you down I'd advise you find a way to overcome your insecurity.

Your options are:

1. Get some therapy to build your self esteem, confidence and body image. You're a student so you can get it really cheap.

2. Get a rhinoplasty, although if you have a poor body image getting this might not help you. You might want to work on the inside first.

In regards to getting a nose job you can get finance and pay monthly if you are desperate and have no money or you could go abroad? Iran is the nose job capital where the very best are performed and is very cheaper once you've changed the currency

I say work on the inside first though.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    Lets get this straight, so do you think babies with huge noses are an eyesore and shouldn't be brought into existence?
    How did you get that from what I said? Having a big nose is a bad thing for a child, they get teased. So, deliberately making babies with even bigger noses is cruel.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    People like you should die painfully of cancer.
    What, you would wish a big nose upon your children?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, i understand how you feel. My nose is pretty huge and i'm often horrified when i see unflattering picture of it... i would always be looking up surgery costs, and my brother's always making fun of me! But having a big nose by no means makes you ugly. You may still be very attractive, so just focus on your positive traits and make them more noticeable.

ReputationRep:
    Don't cut off your nose to please your ****.

ReputationRep:

This.

If it's really, really getting you down and interfering with your daily life then you might want to look into Body Dysmorphic Disorder. The biggest concern areas for people with BDD are hair, skin and nose. I was told I have this along with Social Anxiety and "mild signs of OCD". I know it's **** to have all sorts of labels on this stuff but understanding it and getting help (CBT) will help you to understand your way of thinking, and to help put it in perspective so that you can rationalize your thoughts and learn to deal with them. It's only something that will get worse unless you nip it in the bud so like I said if it's really getting you down get help. I found letting a good friend or family member know how I was feeling helped so much.

ReputationRep:
    It's really silly that you hate yourself because of your nose. Personally I believe that good clothes, hair cut, hygiene and friendliness will get you a girlfriend - not having a smaller nose. Having a big nose isn't even a bad thing anyway! I think they add character as some have already said, and some ladies actually like them - they're quite masculine
    chin up! x

ReputationRep:
    John Krasinski has a big nose and he's absolutely gorgeous. Most of the time rhinoplastry doesn't make a big difference to the face.

ReputationRep:
    You might find a girl with one too. Who nose? :iiam:

Be glad you don't have a crooked nose. Mine goes to one side.

ReputationRep:
    Chill, man. I'm sure your nose is awesome.

And they key to getting a girlfriend isn't looks. Just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest screw what anyone else says....I was teased mercilessly at school for being slightly podgy, wearing thick glasses and braces.

I now model for Models 1...so yeh, they are laughing the other side of their faces. I am sure you have many qualities that are great, embrace that be grateful for who you are, which is a unique individual. And feel sorry for them , that they have to fill their lives with picking on others faults...clearly they have nothing better to do.

PS this made me laugh loads:

http://www.mademonarchs.com/wp-conte...nna-hate18.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    So what do you propose the hypothetical couple do? From your viewpoint, they either have a child 'cruelly' or don't have it at all. You are either opposed to 'cruelty', as you called it, or you are opposed to them having a child. I think that's how they "got that from what (you) said". I'm not here to judge though.

Btw, why does having a big nose have to be a bad thing. Several people on this post have already stated they are fine with it, some even expressing a preference for it. You need to change the way you perceive superficialities. Fur real.
    The hypothetical couple would have only gotten together because they both have big noses. Their children (if they had any) would most probably have a massive nose, who would most probably be teased a lot in school.

I'm not opposed to big nosed people having children together, just people specifically getting together because of something they were teased about in school so they know their children will be too. If two big nosed people end up together, that's fine, but to actively hook up because of that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.