Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sexuals. Describe desire... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    I am so sorry i neg reped you. I wanted to give you positive rep but my stupid laser mouse didn't let this happen. so just so you know that neg rep should be positive. again sorry, feel free to neg rep me back
    No problem!

ReputationRep:
    I think you've probably pretty much got your answer.
    I can understand why you'd need the feeling explained, just because I found it difficult to understand not ever feeling a sexual attraction to someone - so its the same both ways I guess.
    Ta for explaining though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    One could suggest that it was leading further than most, as it's likely asexuals won't be 'distracted' as much by the milieu of life.

It's likely the OP just has a low sex drive, rather than a non-existant one anyway, so no need to be so apocalyptic, nor quite so rude.
    :blah:

ReputationRep:
    Your heart beats faster and your vagina wakes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluegeek)
    How would you describe sexual desire if you were explaining it to someone who's never felt it? Not sex itself, but sexual attraction? Not the basic physical reactions associated with arousal but your own perception of what it feels like.

I ask because an asexual, while sex itself is something I am fairly neutral towards, sexual attraction is fairly baffling.

Yes, I realise this thread could turn into inadvertent troll bait, but lets hold out a little hope, shall we?
    Posting so I can follow this thread because, as another asexual, this is also something I've wondered about. I can feel emotional attraction, feel it very strongly; I have some physical attraction, as I know when I think someone looks good or has a nice voice that I like, that sort of it; but I have no concept of feeling sexually attracted to anything.

ReputationRep:
    for a bloke: wondering how good it would feel while you shagging sum1 into next week! + its always fun to watch them waddle of the next morning if you do them real hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahaaaay)
    :blah:
    :cookie:

Well do you ever look at or smell something truly delicious, and you're hungry and you want to eat it so much.

Sexual desire kinda also has those feelings of wanting, although it is a more aching, heavy kind of feeling.

female perspective btw

ReputationRep:
    Just want to put my winky in their love dungeon

ReputationRep:
    I'm 7 and what is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluegeek)
    How would you describe sexual desire if you were explaining it to someone who's never felt it? Not sex itself, but sexual attraction? Not the basic physical reactions associated with arousal but your own perception of what it feels like.

I ask because an asexual, while sex itself is something I am fairly neutral towards, sexual attraction is fairly baffling.

Yes, I realise this thread could turn into inadvertent troll bait, but lets hold out a little hope, shall we?
    Difficult to answer, but I'll try.

Basically, like a buzzing feeling of energy, and that you need to be with that person, and you want them close to you, literally doing anything to them. Erm yeah that's the best I can do, it's a really bad description but I don't really know how to describe it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    x
    i've never thought of myself as asexual, im 25 n virgin. but i too have only felt emotional attraction ie cant stop thinking about somone, physical attrctn- nice looking like a nice painting, but havnt really felt sexua attraction, i like kissing and [email protected] regulaly but have never looked at a guy wanting to boff him, only cuddle and kiss and talk to. am i asexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i've never thought of myself as asexual, im 25 n virgin. but i too have only felt emotional attraction ie cant stop thinking about somone, physical attrctn- nice looking like a nice painting, but havnt really felt sexua attraction, i like kissing and [email protected] regulaly but have never looked at a guy wanting to boff him, only cuddle and kiss and talk to. am i asexual?
    I don't think so, as kissing is classed as a sexual act depending on how passionate it is. I don't really look at guys and think "I wanna have sex with him right now!", I would only think that if I've already got to know him at least a little and had been fairly close with him before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    "I duuno... but whenever I see her I just wanna... you know... I wanna... undress her... I wanna tie her up... I wanna pump her... oh... pump, pump, pump... until she screams bloody murder and then I wanna... flip her ass over and... and pump her ever more... so hard that my **** shoots right through her and that my *** squirts out of her mouth..."

(Bonus cookie for whoever tells me what I'm quoting)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147612/

In answer to the OP's question it's usually a combination of "omnom" and "OMG I want"

ReputationRep:
    Maybe - it's not really up to me to decide that for you, I'm afraid. Asexuality, like all sexualities, is very subjective and only the person experiencing it can define it. You can't fill in a multiple choice test and it'll tell you, you have to listen to yourself. I started to think of myself as asexual* when I had a long-term boyfriend that I loved, and still felt no sexual attraction, no desire to have physical contact - it wasn't repulsive and when we did I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something I desired. You might find it becomes clear that you are or aren't asexual, or you may wonder for years - people find out in their fifties.

That's not really very helpful, is it...? I will say that if you've never thought of yourself as asexual, chances are you're not, at least not now. Your view of your sexuality may change - if you think of yourself as a cautious sexual now or even if you just don't know, you may later think of it as asexuality.

* everything in life makes you think you're going to be heterosexual; like people when they realise they're gay, asexuals have to come to terms with it and some think of it as 'coming out of the closet'. When you start to think you're asexual isn't the same time as you're fully ok with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Maybe - it's not really up to me to decide that for you, I'm afraid. Asexuality, like all sexualities, is very subjective and only the person experiencing it can define it. You can't fill in a multiple choice test and it'll tell you, you have to listen to yourself. I started to think of myself as asexual* when I had a long-term boyfriend that I loved, and still felt no sexual attraction, no desire to have physical contact - it wasn't repulsive and when we did I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something I desired. You might find it becomes clear that you are or aren't asexual, or you may wonder for years - people find out in their fifties.

That's not really very helpful, is it...? I will say that if you've never thought of yourself as asexual, chances are you're not, at least not now. Your view of your sexuality may change - if you think of yourself as a cautious sexual now or even if you just don't know, you may later think of it as asexuality.

* everything in life makes you think you're going to be heterosexual; like people when they realise they're gay, asexuals have to come to terms with it and some think of it as 'coming out of the closet'. When you start to think you're asexual isn't the same time as you're fully ok with it.

thanks. actually, reading your post i dont think i am A. i am only attracted to guys once i get to know them, and only want to be physical once i know i can trust them and am in love with them. im not like most girls who can date one dude after another and kiss lots of dudes. i am particular about who i like, and if i am not attracted to a guy i wont go out with him.

but once i am in love i very much like kissign my bfs. i havent had relations but that is only for in marriage.

i agree that the world is geard to everyne being straight with gay's, A's, Bi's and trans being minorities who have to figure out for themself.

ReputationRep:
    My instinct would be that you are, but only you can choose whether to identify as asexual. There are many Ace's that enjoy kissing, cuddling, ****ing, even sex with a partner whom they have a strong emotional connection. Being ace is an orientation, not anything else.

Have a look at AVEN or some of the asexual comms on livejournal. Whether or not you choose to identify as being Ace I think you'll find you have a lot in common with a lot of people over there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.