Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Seriously? I've only heard good reviews for the sound.

There not the worst headphones or anything but for how much they cost £100 - £150?

There are many other headphones out there that destroy them in terms of sound quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    There not the worst headphones or anything but for how much they cost £100 - £150?

There are many other headphones out there that destroy them in terms of sound quality
    OK, I hear you. I think, maybe because of the big musician names behind them? Anyway, I'm searching to see if I can find them cheaper anywhere online :teeth:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    list of better ones for around same price,

grado sr80i
    audio technica ath-m50
    sennheiser hd 595
    beyerdynamic dt770

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    OMG, I would really love a pair of one of these, but they're so ****ing expensive! Man, I really need a job right now!
    LOL, imo they're a bit too expensive - you're paying for the name if anything.

ReputationRep:
    I tried on a pair of Beats when I was headphone shopping, so amazing yet too expensive.

£55 for a pair of Panasonic, great sound, look good, decent price. Panasonic RP-HTX7
    That said, the price was a fair while ago so it's dropped as the fellow below me has pointed out.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you have to make a choice to an extent, you can either get something that sounds decent (Sennheiser, Grado, Audio-Technica, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic, people who make real headphones basically) and looks like a pair of headphones or something that sounds poor/very mediocre, is ridiculously overpriced, and has a pretty pattern on it (Beats, Skullcandy). Bose fall into worst of both worlds, they're 'okay' headphones, but very overpriced and aren't 'pretty' like you want.

Best bet is to look around and see if the good companies mentioned make anything you like the look of. The models listed by Dumachi are all good, but realistically pretty much any of the headphones those companies make will be far better than any Skullcandy/Dre junk.

Edit: The Panasonic ones posted above are also okay for the money but, for the money, I mean the £20-30 you can buy them for online from Amazon/other places on Google product search. £55 would be a bit of a ripoff.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple people who have the Dre ones and they've put me off buying them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyhigh!)
    I know a couple people who have the Dre ones and they've put me off buying them.
    Got a pair of these yesterday.
    I just fell for the purple one's :rolleyes:
    Personally having used them pretty much continuously since, I've loved every second.

ReputationRep:
    You bought the beats?!

ReputationRep:
    I had this dilemma a few weeks ago!

In the end, I decided against some Sennheiser's because I'm off travelling so need something a little more compact. I bought these Pioneer SEMJ31's from amazon and they have been incredible so far. For just over £30 you can't go wrong if you ask me ... Ridiculously comfy and great sound quality. Also, when I went into a shop and compared the sound quality with some Sennheiser HD's a few days later, there was little if anything in it.

All I'd say is, it's totally dependent on their purpose. If you're commuting, don't go to too bulky. If it's for listening at home/production/DJing you can go a bit over the top and go for the absolute best quality. Keep size in mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    the sound trash btw
    They don't. They're decent sound. Clarity is friggin awesome/

But then I got mine for cheap as in £150, wouldn't buy them for the whole £279.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Got a pair of these yesterday.
    I just fell for the purple one's :rolleyes:
    Personally having used them pretty much continuously since, I've loved every second.
    Purple ones = :love:
    Welcome to the Dre Beats family.

ReputationRep:
    These will blow your face off:

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz...00.shtml?fshop

(and wallet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Hello all!
    So, I'm considering buying those schnazzy big headphones (headband heaphones?) that all the cool kidz wear.

If anybody could give advice as to which one's are the best (within a reasonable budget), that would be great!

Oh and prettiness would be appreciated, cos' I'd like to keep my street rep relatively high.

Thank-you! :cool:
    Shame you went for the beats, poor sound quality and super overpriced. That and they don't look /that/ good.

You could've picked up the Audio-Technica's for cheaper, and they, imo, look a lot better (and more unique):

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...d=0CEAQ8wIwBw#

ReputationRep:
    Avoid Skull Candys and WESC because they sound ****, and are just made to look nice.

Id recommend Sennheiser or Sony. I use Sennheiser and they are so awesome - Start relatively cheap aswell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.