Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are girls holidays about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Isn't Dubai a really fashion-conscious and trendy place though with good beaches, bars and outlets. Maybe Milan?

Which are the really popular destinations?
    Dubai really isn't a place I'd recommend going if you're:

A)-Female
    B)-Planning on going out, getting very drunk and partying

ReputationRep:
    Cheating on their BF's simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Dubai a really fashion-conscious and trendy place though with good beaches, bars and outlets. Maybe Milan?

Which are the really popular destinations?
    I think you have been watching too much 'Sex and the City' . . .

Our holidays are literally the same as guys holidays, we go to festivals and party places (think Kos, Falaraki, the Med, Ibiza, Amsterdam, so friends are off to Florida) Who would the guys pull on holiday if we weren't there too?

ReputationRep:
    have you never watched any of the three zillion undercover documentaries about this?

girls holidays basically involve lying on the beach, followed by 23 WKD blues, followed by getting your tits out in the club, having unprotected sex with a couple of sleazy foreign waiters/ English chavs then throwing up. Repeat that 14 times then go home to boyfriend and office job.

ReputationRep:
    Think lads' holiday. :cool:

Then replace all the lads with girls. They don't behave any different lol.

ReputationRep:
    If I talk about girls' anything then it usually is just exactly what it would be normally but with no guys. So girls' holiday is a load of girls going on holiday.

If you want to make it really specific then I guess it's either the female version of the lads holiday - basically the same thing with less incontinence and generally less hardcore shagging competitions but more cocktails, organisation and motivation to actually do something (note that getting out of bed and moving poolside counts as doing something- or a city break with the intention of shopping, spa, shoes, cocktails and doing the things that a lot of girls would like to do all the time if the had the money and no guy moaning at them to hurry up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Dubai really isn't a place I'd recommend going if you're:

A)-Female
    B)-Planning on going out, getting very drunk and partying
    I know they have a form of the Shariat there but I'm fairly sure that you can get as inebriated as you like behind closed doors, can't you (regardless of gender).

Obviously it is an offence to be drunk and disorderly in public but isn't that the case in the UK too (and probably most countries)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cariie)
    I think you have been watching too much 'Sex and the City' . . .

Our holidays are literally the same as guys holidays, we go to festivals and party places (think Kos, Falaraki, the Med, Ibiza, Amsterdam, so friends are off to Florida) Who would the guys pull on holiday if we weren't there too?
    Lol no - I flew through the airport in Dubai earlier this year and you can easily tell that their duty-free is very fashion and perfume-focussed. I've heard alot about the extravagant and expansive shopping malls there to.

I'm moving to Amsterdam soon

In answer to your question in bold - wouldn't they just pull the local women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    have you never watched any of the three zillion undercover documentaries about this?

girls holidays basically involve lying on the beach, followed by 23 WKD blues, followed by getting your tits out in the club, having unprotected sex with a couple of sleazy foreign waiters/ English chavs then throwing up. Repeat that 14 times then go home to boyfriend and office job.
    That's just exaggerated and not representative surely?

Woudln't their boyfriends be aware - or do they not really care? How come the sex is unprotected anyway?

ReputationRep:
    me and my friends are going to turkey
    for sun, partying and a few sports maybe.

most people i know go on girls holidays purely to party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

this.

ReputationRep:
    My older brother used to live in Dubai, he had an amazing time there. But you'd only go to Dubai if;

1) You're minted.
    2) You're male.
    3) You can drive to Abu Dabi
    4) You're minted.

Otherwise you're looking at a **** holiday unless you've got family there.

ReputationRep:
    Usually the term "girls' holiday" refers to the equivalent of a lads' holiday but with the ratio of drinking:shagging weighted more in favour of the shagging whereas the lads' holidays are normally weighted more in favour of drinking.

Not all girls going on holiday do that though, you get groups of girls who go interrailing together and they basically go sightseeing, going to eat different types of foreign food at restaurants, going to coffee shops, basically just spending time with their friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

What would be the point of going separately then? (if both lads and girls are basically doing the same stuff).

ReputationRep:
    Lol no - I flew through the airport in Dubai earlier this year and you can easily tell that their duty-free is very fashion and perfume-focussed. I've heard alot about the extravagant and expansive shopping malls there to.

I'm moving to Amsterdam soon

In answer to your question in bold - wouldn't they just pull the local women?
    No i'm sure they do pull local girls just a lot of guys will only go for English speaking girls, you know how closed minded they can be

And I wasn't saying Dubai isnt fashionable or anything like that, just its not the general destination all young students end up at, I'm very jealous you got to go actually!

ReputationRep:
    No i'm sure they do pull local girls just a lot of guys will only go for English speaking girls, you know how closed minded they can be

And I wasn't saying Dubai isnt fashionable or anything like that, just its not the general destination all young students end up at, I'm very jealous you got to go actually!
    Why would they only go for English speaking girls - especially if they're not being picky? Don't alot of English guys fantasize about foreign women?

I expect that most students don't manage to get to Al-Dubai - the return flight is quite expensive as would be all the activities they may intend to do there (shopping, quadbiking, saling, horseracing, restaurants etc.). I only passed through Al-Dubai's airport! I didn't stay over - or are you jealous of me moving to Amsterdam. lol?

ReputationRep:
    Why would they only go for English speaking girls - especially if they're not being picky? Don't alot of English guys fantasize about foreign women?

I expect that most students don't manage to get to Al-Dubai - the return flight is quite expensive as would be all the activities they may intend to do there (shopping, quadbiking, saling, horseracing, restaurants etc.). I only passed through Al-Dubai's airport! I didn't say over - or are you jealous of me moving to Amsterdam. lol?
    Well you'll have to ask the guys yourself that one, being female I dont understand their mind set, some of them just find it easier to chat up some one they can understand and has a higher chance of being blonde :L but yes I'm sure many do go for the foreigners as well outside of resorts and such

Yep that's exactly what I meant about the expenses, so I would say its not as common a destination as some cheaper package holiday resort Well I am jealous of your travelling in general then, sure you'll have a great time in Amsterdam

ReputationRep:
    Well you'll have to ask the guys yourself that one, being female I dont understand their mind set, some of them just find it easier to chat up some one they can understand and has a higher chance of being blonde :L but yes I'm sure many do go for the foreigners as well outside of resorts and such

Yep that's exactly what I meant about the expenses, so I would say its not as common a destination as some cheaper package holiday resort Well I am jealous of your travelling in general then, sure you'll have a great time in Amsterdam
    Incidentally, when you go abroad to these places, do you learn the local language to a rudimentary level in advance or do all the local people speak English to a reasonable level since it may be quite a touristy place? I am learning some introductory Dutch before I move

ReputationRep:
    To get pissed and act like ****s abroad and give this country a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand those girls who do that whole typical **** like put on lots of orange fake tan, go on the matching orange easyjet flight to some spanish island, get their tits out on the beach and become ****s, spreading their legs open for a drink or two (which technically means you're pricing your vagina at a low low price of just £3...do they get clubcard points with that?).

Mind you, I can't stand their guy counterparts who go on the lads holiday to do that sort of stuff either.

Whatever happened to the sophisticated, cultured, educated british tourists?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.