Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Really? :rolleyes:

I find it interesting that some people like doing that too, isn't that a sign of insecurity? The need to have an 'ugly' friend around to make you look 'better'
    huh? did you just join TSR today or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allieee)
    they sound insecure and childish.

i can't really think of any of my friends that I would say are ugly, it's not a nice word and as you've already said, it's easy to see the attractive qualities in most people... if you're a nice person
    They're in 2nd year of uni now.

I doubt they'll grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    i'm the ugly friend :ahee:
    fecking **** blocker :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    lol:sigh:

women.. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    me and my m8s are all pretty ugly tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    huh? did you just join TSR today or something?
    No

ReputationRep:
    I could have but havent had friends for a few years, but that would certainly suck big time I hatee to think any friends would not be willing to tell me the truth no matter what, that partly why you have friends its whct family can never do (bruntly tell you the truth).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    fecking **** blocker :teehee:
    lol sorreh :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    me and my m8s are all pretty ugly tbh
    :facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The ugly friend in my group has banged the most chicks a staggering two! With me and another at one and one more guy at 0. Although Ive had the same gf for 4 years!

ReputationRep:
    I always assume I'm the ugly friend cause I don't see any of my friends as being particularly ugly at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    I could have but havent had friends for a few years, but that would certainly suck big time I hatee to think any friends would not be willing to tell me the truth no matter what, that partly why you have friends its whct family can never do (bruntly tell you the truth).

I know right.

I'd rather have no friends than a bunch who constantly talk about how 'ugly' I am.
    She says this is normal though and girls always talk about their friend's looks.
    I think not. :mad:

i am the ugly friend :'(
    Yes i know my friend loves but it's also a great advantage for her to get attention
    Thats why everytime she wants to flirt with someone i'm always there
    and everytime i'm even close to liking someone the guy immediately falls in love with her
    we're really close ao it's not working out..i cant tell her to go away either

ReputationRep:
    I can understand the psychology behind having an 'ugly' friend in order to make you seem more attractive, but talking about a supposed friend like that behind their back isn't cool.

P.S. I'm probably an ugly friend.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm::facepalm:
    you are the ugliest friend

goodbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    I always assume I'm the ugly friend cause I don't see any of my friends as being particularly ugly at all!
    You're cute.

ReputationRep:
    I know right.

I'd rather have no friends than a bunch who constantly talk about how 'ugly' I am.
    She says this is normal though and girls always talk about their friend's looks.
    I think not. :mad:
    Girls alwys talk about their friends looks, I though this only applied to preety girls? No wonder most girls are up their own ass.

ReputationRep:
    i can't think of any ugly friends i have so maybe i am the ugly friend

ahahaaha.

that's.... liberating. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i am the ugly friend :'(
    Yes i know my friend loves but it's also a great advantage for her to get attention
    Thats why everytime she wants to flirt with someone i'm always there
    and everytime i'm even close to liking someone the guy immediately falls in love with her
    we're really close ao it's not working out..i cant tell her to go away either
    She isn't your 'friend' she's your 'frenemy'. She keeps you around to emphasize hoe pretty she is ..... :eek: That's not very good for your self esteem.

Ditch her...quick! and get more average looking friends who you won't constantly feel inferior to!

ReputationRep:
    my friends are all really pretty
    I think most girls would agree that most of their close friends are at least a bit pretty

I find that girls hang around with girls of similar prettyness anyway?
    so there isnt always an 'ugly' friend maybe an 'uglier' friend, idk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.