Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Simon Cowell set for a knighthood... for "services to music" Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. He has contributed to music though, and has also contributed to charity. Help for Heroes anyone?

I'm glad it's him as opposed to that talentless, rude and chavvy tart thing commonly known as "Cheryl Cole". Amusingly, she became famous through a very dodgy and probably fixed TV "talent" show and she now spends her life ****ging off others who attempt to go down the same route.

I don't know about services to music, but Simon Cowell is a TV mogul and probably deserves an accolade for that at least. He has also donated a metric feckton to charity and it's rumoured that £90m+ of his estate is being left to charitable causes when he dies.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MylesXD)
      Seriously are you this selfish to care about your music to stop to think about the records the company has release to help charity's

Honestly Do you find it laughing matter for charity such as Hati? or Help for Hero's
      yeah cuz simon cowell is now a multi millionaire because he gave **** loads to charity

Your pathetic, each to their own, i may not like their songs but i aint complain!
      don't make me laugh, the man is a parasite to music as an art form

Would i go as far as Knight, i don't know but it aint for us to decide
      so that stops me from expressing an opinion, solely because it's "not for me to decide"?

Seriously right, i bet you would of complain when Bill Gates got the Nobel Peace Prize
      Bill Gates never won the Peace Prize

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mr. Orange)
      yeah cuz simon cowell is now a multi millionaire because he gave **** loads to charity

don't make me laugh, the man is a parasite to music as an art form

so that stops me from expressing an opinion, solely because it's "not for me to decide"?

Bill Gates never won the Peace Prize
      Okay, if you look at my post, it was edit really soon, someone said he did haha but that was wrong

Just so i have better understanding of your motivate against Simon Cowell what music do you listen to ?

I can understand that, beacuse of him being Knight, i do believe that may be going bit far, but he can only be famous if the public like him?

I wouldn't even calling that expressing your opinion more like attacking on him personally, i do wonder what you think of someone has crap job

ReputationRep:
      Just so i have better understanding of your motivate against Simon Cowell what music do you listen to ?
      This is what i listen to and also play.....

when you look deeper into this traditional stuff and see how it bound communities together in tough times, this is the true power of music, not making a quick buck.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mr. Orange)
      x
      The way we live our lives is always been about change, this traditional Irish music is not going to be listen to people in England, Scotland, Wales ( Don't Quote me), All this man does is bring Artist in for one year change of making money, if they don't then they get different job, Fair play to them

If people like them then they will be in our charts, they will be the songs people listen to your "traditional stuff" wont make in to the charts beacuse its the type of music you listen to once a week or something not full time, i aint trying to be offensive, as i have already stated i don't listen to this type of music.

Another question how old are you?

What do you think of Justin Bieber, I hate him and his music, but i do give it to him that hes able to make money beacuse people like him, just beacuse i hate him i shouldnt try to change opinion of other people like you are trying to do

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by concubine)
      Haha, you guys care.

ReputationRep:
      Simon Cowell wouldn't know real music if it stabbed him in his overinflated head.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
      lol well if Sir Alan can get one, anybody could. No offense to him in all fairness.
      Lord Sugar and Syco are not in the same league at all.

I have tremendous respect for Lord Sugar, I don't know what Cowell has actually done besides take over and ruin the British music industry, now he's off to conquer the states.

ReputationRep:
      It's more so that he's created the most watched show in this country.

ReputationRep:
      hail king of the karaoke puppets

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HumanNature1992)
      It's more so that he's created the most watched show in this country.
      what's your point? Should Davina get something for Big Brother as well?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      broken britain
      U CUDNT MAKE IT UP

ReputationRep:
      Someone who judges whether someone is **** or not at singing doesn't deserve a knighthood. Talk about priorities. This is just going to boost his already over inflated ego. "It's SIR Simon Cowell to you" :rolleyes:

He's actually more known than God in Britain :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by F i s)
      what's your point? Should Davina get something for Big Brother as well?:rolleyes:
      Are you stupid?

He created the most watched show in this country whereas she solely presented Big Brother.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HumanNature1992)
      Are you stupid?

He created the most watched show in this country whereas she solely presented Big Brother.
      cool. Hardly a duty for mankind though is it??

ReputationRep:
      George V would be spinning in his grave.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by F i s)
      cool. Hardly a duty for mankind though is it??
      Didn't say it was, just gave a possible reason which people here were missing at which point you decided to try and be clever :borat:

ReputationRep:
      The way we live our lives is always been about change, this traditional Irish music is not going to be listen to people in England, Scotland, Wales ( Don't Quote me), All this man does is bring Artist in for one year change of making money, if they don't then they get different job, Fair play to them

If people like them then they will be in our charts, they will be the songs people listen to your "traditional stuff" wont make in to the charts beacuse its the type of music you listen to once a week or something not full time, i aint trying to be offensive, as i have already stated i don't listen to this type of music.

Another question how old are you?

What do you think of Justin Bieber, I hate him and his music, but i do give it to him that hes able to make money beacuse people like him, just beacuse i hate him i shouldnt try to change opinion of other people like you are trying to do
      I'm 20.

you really don't have a clue do you? do you realise that ITM (Irish Trad Music) has been around for centuries and is now more popular than ever because of the craic you get out of it and the people you meet? can you honestly tell me that people will be singing Matt Cardle's 2010 Xmas single in ten years time? Just because ITM and all the other great traditional styles of Britain aren't "popular" (in the chart topping sense) doesn't mean that no-one likes them... ITM gets passed down through the generations e.g the Rowsome Family, Mulcahy Family, The Carberrys, O'Connors and many more dynasties.... because they know how much enjoyment is to be had... and guess what, barely any of their kids refuse to get into it....

and lol you're asking me to comment on Justin Bieber? my opinion is what 80% of people who have heard his music think, he sucks and is a sell out and deserves every ounce of flak he gets for it. just like any ITM player gets flak for selling out and abandoning the pure drop trad style for money... Bill Whelan (composer of the Riverdance music)

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.