Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Letter to older self Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear older me.

I hope you've taken control of your life. Remember the letter you wrote to your younger self? That was basically all about standing up for your self and having the determination and motivation to make YOU happy. Cos lets face it. No-one else gives a ****. OK, so go make it happen!!!

Regards, a younger, hotter you

ReputationRep:
    Dear 40 year old me,

Hopefully you'll never see this because you'll be living on Mars. :')
    It's sad, but that's what I've always wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    Dear 50 years old me,

I'm pretty sure you're enjoying a life of perfect solitude. Hopefully, you will keep our promise :wink2: and be sure we do not need other people in our life. I hope you're a successful doctor and are proud of yourself for what you've achieved. :hugs:

Regards,

Your only dear friend (18 at the moment), who knows you much better than anyone else. I love you! :love:

ReputationRep:
    dear 26 year old me,

i hope you haven't messed up your a levels, and have gotten into a good uni and now have a top job in central london. and know how to speak and write well.

i'm sorry.

16 year old you

ReputationRep:
    dear you,

****ing brilliant, you're still alive. are you still a virgin?

ReputationRep:
    Dear 29 year old Portia,

Did you get the 2 bedroom flat you always wanted? with one room as a walk in wardrobe?

Did you get to travel with work as you always hoped to?

I really hope you're either a lawyer, legal pr or a high paid legal head hunter.

I hope you married or hope to marry a guy who loves you and makes you whole.

Go and give mum a hug and remind her how much you love her.

I really pray to God you didn't mess things up for me!

Love,

Portia

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have anything to say to my older self - they already know what's going on. And I don't want to know what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I did this when I was 11 and read it when I was 18. I loled.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Dear Gemma,

You better be a successful lawyer by now with atleast a 2.1. Do not fail!
    Also are you living in Cayman yet with everyone? How big has Sophie got
    Also if you're turning 30, hurry up and get married. I refuse to let you be an old mum. 35 is the cut off for you.

Lots of Love, you xx

ReputationRep:
    Nice sig, struttin' that ass!

ReputationRep:
    To older me

You better not be in England

Younger you

ReputationRep:
    To me next week;

If that test is positive we're so screwed.

Love,

- X. <3 xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Dear older self,

I hope you are a peaceful warrior who has traveled and learned to love everyone and life on earth and not been weak

23yr old me

Dear 40-year old myself,

If I'm still a virgin, send me a letter back so I can commit suicide.

Thanks
    Your 20-year old self.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Older Me
    I hope the career is going to plan and you're working for a big law firm
    Remember to stay cool and love Becksie
    ME

ReputationRep:
    Dear older me

Remember plastic surgery is a realistic option (cause at 21 these crows feet aren't going to go away!)

ReputationRep:
    Dear Becca,

I hope to god you've learnt how to organise yourself by now and that you're not still constantly late for stuff. At least at 21 you were still vaguely good-looking and could bat your eyelashes and get away with it; now you have no chance. You'd better not be regretting your choice of career; if you are, you should have heeded the advice of your father who always told you that it was a bad thing to do. Look after your dogs, your family and your man- but especially your dogs, they're the ones most likely to be able to protect you should you get mugged. I hope you've managed to stop yourself from becoming a fattie- if you've gained more than two dress sizes I won't be best pleased. Don't lose sight of who you are- if you wake up one day and realise you've become a normal person then you've failed. Keep enjoying life, stay loopy!

Yours,

You.

ReputationRep:
    Dear older me,

Back in my day, Rooney was a good footballer. Next time you get a Big Mac, tell him I forwarded my compliments.

Thanks!
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Dear future G:

I hope you've finally stopped going on TSR you prick.
    Hahahaha! I was going to post something along the same lines as this. + repped (thumbed up, w/e)for getting there before me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    To me next week;

If that test is positive we're so screwed.

Love,

- X. <3 xoxo

Dear younger self,

Start packing your bags. You're about to go somewhere far, far away.

From;

X. xoxo

PS - Don't do what I did and make the same mistake twice in the same day you pleb. We have enough on our damn plate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.