Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drinking on your own Watch

No, it's fine. On the other hand, how the hell can you get tipsy on three beers?

ReputationRep:
      I don't think it's sad. I think it's sad to get drunk alone on a regular basis, though.

ReputationRep:
      I dont drink with people at all.

I have a glass of bourbon on my own while watching some films or a thinking session thats it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      No, it's fine. On the other hand, how the hell can you get tipsy on three beers?
      Don't ask, i'm actually quite far gone now though,
      I don't know i'm a lightweight but i'm glad, otherwise i'd be broke.

ReputationRep:
      Are you an alky?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
      No, its not sad.
      Its just chilling on your own with a beer.
      Yes, you have managed to identify what OP is doing...

ReputationRep:
      It's not sad.

I enjoy a beer or two while chilling at home watching TV on occasion, and I assure you, I am very happy while I do so.

ReputationRep:
      No, I've done it before.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Crazy Paving)
      I don't think it's sad. I think it's sad to get drunk alone on a regular basis, though.
      You're sad.

ReputationRep:
      I've never drunk by myself before.. am I missing out?

:moon:

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)

Yah.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by lovely_me)
        You're sad.
        :sad:

Definitely, you massive loser. :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Im sititng here with my music on full blast just loving myself.
        I think you really are, I would never have done this before, but i'm having the time of my life ROFL.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by super.teve)
        Im sititng here with my music on full blast just loving myself.
        I think you really are, I would never have done this before, but i'm having the time of my life ROFL.
        Haha true, but there's always the risk you could turn into the emo-drunk, which is most likely to end up in a shame spiral.

ReputationRep:
        Haha true, but there's always the risk you could turn into the emo-drunk, which is most likely to end up in a shame spiral.
        ehehe, I have an urge to go and play in the snow, **** I need to get a grip and stop posting on here for a bit, before I look stupid :')
        Nighty night.

ReputationRep:
        Just don't go out on your own after drinking on your own, thinking "I'll meet some random people and have great fun because everyone loves a drunk".It doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
        Dunno, but the only time I had been drinking alone was when I was going through a tough break-up, so I guess it isn't a good sign-at least for me

ReputationRep:
        Nope, strictly on social occasions. And never to the point of drunkness.

Aren't I a boring person? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by super.teve)
        ehehe, I have an urge to go and play in the snow, **** I need to get a grip and stop posting on here for a bit, before I look stupid :')
        Nighty night.
        don't whatever you do do that. you'll end up passing out in the snow and getting hypothermia..

ReputationRep:
        I like the feeling that alcohol gives me and I can enjoy that responsibly, whether I'm alone in the house or out in a group. If you're drinking yourself into having a hangover then it's probably too much and you should cut back, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with having a few if you can handle it.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.