Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else deleted FB recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Lol so true, it's the most pretentious thing in the world and I sortof liked the fact that the majority of people have it and I don't. That being said it does certainly have it's benefits - so may resurrect it for uni, even though i've seen how addictive it can be.
    True say. Btw, who is that cute (but slightly manly) chick that was in your sig? im having mixed feelings about her. Is she hot? I need a name for research purposes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousif92)
    True say. Btw, who is that cute (but slightly manly) chick that was in your sig? im having mixed feelings about her. Is she hot? I need a name for research purposes...
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4951984_n.jpg

Rebecca Ferguson ..she's got a lovely personality aswell.

ReputationRep:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4951984_n.jpg

Rebecca Ferguson ..she's got a lovely personality aswell.
    Yeah I take that back. But shes nothing on:http://brasky.org/wp-content/uploads...t-tunstall.jpg

Ive hijacked this thread...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I take that back. But shes nothing on:http://brasky.org/wp-content/uploads...t-tunstall.jpg

Ive hijacked this thread...
    well ^^ she's got nothing on

http://img.listal.com/image/214664/6...el-mcadams.jpg

:u:

ReputationRep:
    well ^^ she's got nothing on

http://img.listal.com/image/214664/6...el-mcadams.jpg

:u:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e27VkFyRM2...rey-tautou.jpg

Unfortunately she smokes, so its like bere haram. But my taste > yours...

ReputationRep:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e27VkFyRM2...rey-tautou.jpg

Unfortunately she smokes, so its like bere haram. But my taste > yours...
    Well obv you're gonna say that

ReputationRep:
    The people I've seen delete Facebook have been the people unable to strike a balance between not having Facebook and being on Facebook for hours and hours. It doesn't have to be one of these all-or-nothing items.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    The people I've seen delete Facebook have been the people unable to strike a balance between not having Facebook and being on Facebook for hours and hours. It doesn't have to be one of these all-or-nothing items.
    Im one of these. Totally agree. Its like i want to "not give a shiz" but i cant. So i delete...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    What's the point in deleting your Facebook? What are you actually going to achieve by doing that?
    Your sig pic makes my eyes water...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Your sig pic makes my eyes water...
    Sorry to butt in, but your sig (the top bit) has totally inspired me to make a few changes to mine. All hail bonzo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I did.

You learn a lot from deleting your FB.

You find out whose actually interested in making an effort to keep in contact with you.

Whose bday's you actually give a **** about (I memorized some before I deleted).

You realize FB is an outlet of your personal thoughts, but not only that you become preoccupied with people's live, rather than focusing on your own.

I've been fine without FB, might reactivate it in some months, but right now I just wanna be off the social radar and be by myself.

Hence the excessive posts on TSR to replace my addiction.
    Surely your reasons for disliking facebook are also reasons to dislike internet forums. Yes OK the student forum lacks the whole 'social networking' angle, however your still here investing time by responding to peoples posts. People who you will never see. Your post was an outlet for your personal thoughts too. Compare that to the odd sentence posted on a facebook page.

If I was forced to choose my addiction. I'd pick Facebook over a forum. At least then communications with friends will be on a personal level.

ReputationRep:
    tbh Facebook is killing social life imo.

For quite a few people, they're so hell bent on perfecting their cyber social networks, they fail to use the time better to go out into the real world and interact with real people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Surely your reasons for disliking facebook are also reasons to dislike internet forums. Yes OK the student forum lacks the whole 'social networking' angle, however your still here investing time by responding to peoples posts. People who you will never see. Your post was an outlet for your personal thoughts too. Compare that to the odd sentence posted on a facebook page.

If I was forced to choose my addiction. I'd pick Facebook over a forum. At least then communications with friends will be on a personal level.
    No cause that was just one of my reasons for getting rid of FB.

And I'm not addicted to TSR tbh, it's just one of the things I use to fill my daily time slots which FB used to occupy.

And what people don't always realize is all are personal details are out in the open, FB makes money from selling them off aswell as advertisement.

ReputationRep:
    No cause that was just one of my reasons for getting rid of FB.

And I'm not addicted to TSR tbh, it's just one of the things I use to fill my daily time slots which FB used to occupy.

And what people don't always realize is all are personal details are out in the open, FB makes money from selling them off aswell as advertisement.

Those clever *******s!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to butt in, but your sig (the top bit) has totally inspired me to make a few changes to mine. All hail bonzo...
    :awesome: Great stuff dude! Plus liking the Jimi sig too!

ReputationRep:
    I would never delete it- if you don't want anything to do with it, just don't sign on, it's fairly simple!

I have a lot of family on there who I never get the chance to see other than online, so it's nice way to see photos of what we've all been up to and such.

Social networking is what you make it. If you don't like attention whores, don't add them!

ReputationRep:
    I never even got a Facebook account. I would rather not have my personal details out there for everyone to see . Facebook can be a useful tool, I would rather not as it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to delete it, i can use it in moderation.

It took me long enough to get one in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    I barely use it.

ReputationRep:
    I did.

You learn a lot from deleting your FB.

You find out whose actually interested in making an effort to keep in contact with you.

Whose bday's you actually give a **** about (I memorized some before I deleted).

You realize FB is an outlet of your personal thoughts, but not only that you become preoccupied with people's live, rather than focusing on your own.

I've been fine without FB, might reactivate it in some months, but right now I just wanna be off the social radar and be by myself.

Hence the excessive posts on TSR to replace my addiction.
    hahaha me too!! :top:

i totally agre with everythign yawn11 said.

on FB i dont feel i can truly be myself. most of the people pn there i know from uni work or school, and they expect me to ahve an awesome adademic career in finance or law, hundresds of regularly updated photos of myself on nights out looking gorgeous, doing awesome things.

when in reality, i have changed alot since then, i am devoutly religious, i have 2 other careers in modelling and holistic massage/reflexology and i love charitable causes. my aim is not to impress everyone with my awesome active, wealthy, academic, social lifestyle but to make people happy and to walk in the Lords path. but people on FB wont understand that side of me.

on the phone or by post you can tell who really cares about you. and you dont have to outdo everyone with your status updates.

FB is sh*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.