Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Awful nightmare Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have never experienced sleep paralysis and hopefully never will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gardocki)
    Was it This Man?

I've had sleep paralysis a few times and it can be absolutely terrifying.
    That really scared me, is that wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    You think you have weird dreams? I just woke up from a dream where dogs (like Sirius in Harry potter) were leaping at my window growling and I was making a mental note to yawls in my dream to have a fb status saying I had kidnapped Lawrence lowellyn bowyns dog :/ I'm ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    I have this too. It used to happen everyday but thankfully not anymore, the ghosts have moved out haha! I used to be awake, paralysed and I'd hear screeching and cutlery clattering - and hear people in the room even though I was alone in my flat. Though I knew I was awake because I was trying to move or ask for help and I could see, for example, my shoes or clothes were I left them the night before. Slowly it would ease and hallucinations would stop. It sucks a lot but its fine! I never found it that scary because I know it's just my brain playing tricks on me.

ReputationRep:
    The only dream or paralysis or whatever that left me startled was a feeling of throwing up my own tongue.

The subconscious is ****ing weird sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    That really scared me, is that wrong?!
    Well, apparently you can only dream of faces that you have seen so it makes sense for it to have spread.

I'm sure it was initially a hoax though.

ReputationRep:
    seems to me you need a nice cuddle. Haha for some reason I can imagine a doctor prescribing it, "hmm nightmares, yes I've had a few patients with these symptoms, I prescribe long huggles after each nightmare."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    seems to me you need a nice cuddle. Haha for some reason I can imagine a doctor prescribing it, "hmm nightmares, yes I've had a few patients with these symptoms, I prescribe long huggles after each nightmare."
    Off-topic, signature is a fantastic piece of artwork!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gardocki)
    Was it This Man?

I've had sleep paralysis a few times and it can be absolutely terrifying.
    I apprehensively clicked on that link and am relieved to say I've never seen him in a dream! He made me feel a little bit sick though.

That whole period between sleep and waking is a weird one though, like when you dream you're stepping off a kerb/step and your whole leg spasms and wakes you up. Or when you hear your alarm tone at any other time of day and it makes your stomach lurch... I've ruined several of my favourite songs for myself by having them as alarm tones

ReputationRep:
    I always play on my XBox when I can't sleep.

Oh hang on, that probably wouldn't help..

ReputationRep:
    That sounds scary :/
    I have really bad dreams every night. I can't remember the one I had last night but it was ****ing horrible.
    Apparently if you're too hot when you're sleeping you get nightmares..

ReputationRep:
    you know facebook has taken over your life when it turns up in your dreams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    I honestly thought to myself "right, your in this dream so your going to have to just play it out" and sort of relaxed. I swear to god I decided "I might as well have some fun while I'm here" and turned the thing into a girl I know and kind of forced it to give me a handjob, but she kind of resisted and it took alot of concentration lol (having sex with girls in dreams, knowing that you are dreaming is great because you can literally do whatever you want lol). I then kindof 'made' her give me head with my thoughts, and as it was feeling good I sortof realised I was awake. Good times.

I don't think I had a hardon when I woke up, which is probably why it required so much concentration to get her to do stuff.
    I think you could make some money teaching men how to control their dreams this way

ReputationRep:
    I hate sleep paralysis, Ive had it twice and its horrible cause it really does seem totally real when it happens =/

ReputationRep:
    I love sleep paralysis.

ReputationRep:
    Never had sleep paralysis, though it seems like I'm missing out on something awesome :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.