Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white. Watch

(Original post by Roocky)
    I wasn't agreeing with you chum, i am an asian girl so i'm a lil confused as to where you got the idea, if you're talking about the whole 'rude gal' image then in moderation it can be hilarious as long as they're not genuinely 'pull a blade on your ass' ghetto. But hey, everyone is entitled to preferences, perhaps you should look at joinin particular uni societies to meet some girls you like? Polo springs to mind
    I didn't say you agreed. I was talking about the other post wrt his view on asians being loud etc.

But thanks, you're the first person to hand some advice rather than pick sentances out of my post and turn them against me for some sad reason. Uni soc's can be good, but my uni in central london is extremely brown.. or european (where they have their own little groups and dont seem my type to hang with)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I never said it does. If you bothered to read my posts you'd know I accept this is only a trend I find, and an opinionated one too. You're on a roll with the assumptions, arent you.
    Troll.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less on that implication of that point. If you think guys liking the fact that girlfriends care for them is wimpy then thats great. Maybe you should go out with some sort of robot
    well if you want a girl to care for you, maybe you should have said that, shouldn't you?

because the way you've said it, you've made it sound like you want her to physically protect you.

cba to argue anymore. I'm sure everyone else who read that took it the way I did.

(Original post by Cringe)
    Troll.
    82 posts, and you think you can smell out a troll:rolleyes:

I ain't trolling, quite serious.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i find that quite amusing in moderation, but if you prefer a more toned down outlook that's cool too. Do your asian mates rib you for this though that is the essential question ?
    Yeah that REALLY doesn't appeal to me and I find it extremely annoying lol. Rib me about not liking Asian girls? Well in a way - but their opinion has no bearing on my love life lol, but maybe you can explain - why is it you think that Asians especially are so stuck in the "YOU MUST MARRY ASIAN or else I shall disown you phase"? lol

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    well if you want a girl to care for you, maybe you should have said that, shouldn't you?

because the way you've said it, you've made it sound like you want her to physically protect you.

cba to argue anymore. I'm sure everyone else who read that took it the way I did.
    Girls being protective over guys is in essence, them caring for them. I didn't know you'd try and scrutinise every word in a bid to say something sour. If others thought about it the way you did, I'm sure they would have pointed it out too and/or agreed.

Pointless argument anyway, now you know what I mean at least.

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Yeah that REALLY doesn't appeal to me and I find it extremely annoying lol. Rib me about not liking Asian girls? Well in a way - but their opinion has no bearing on my love life lol, but maybe you can explain - why is it you think that Asians especially are so stuck in the "YOU MUST MARRY ASIAN or else I shall disown you phase"? lol
    Upbringing & Culture pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Upbringing & Culture pretty much.
    Luckily I had a really liberal upbringing

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say you agreed. I was talking about the other post wrt his view on asians being loud etc.

But thanks, you're the first person to hand some advice rather than pick sentances out of my post and turn them against me for some sad reason. Uni soc's can be good, but my uni in central london is extremely brown.. or european (where they have their own little groups and dont seem my type to hang with)

Hmmmm, pherhaps you could befriend a few of the guys from a group and get to know some girls that way? They'd be less wary of you trying to jump em if you approached them at a function or something ?

ReputationRep:
    hmm OP has some good points about indian girls.. they do have a bad rep in that sense. But surely you'd find a girl (white brown asian whatever) out and about, not on TSR!

ReputationRep:

Think it was already answered but i'd agree with the cultural aspect, if you're second gen then the idea of marrying out of culture/race would be a pretty alien thing to your parents. Also, religion tends to be synonymous with certain races in this country, so i find there's usually a religious influence as well. What kind of up bringing did you have, a religious one?

And lol i was at shisha with some of my asian friends the other day and mentioned i fancied someone, they all turned to listen, i said 'he's called james', there was pure silence, then one em went 'MATE, HIS SECOND NAME BEST BE KHAN!'

Also, the whole brap brap thing, did you find it was mostly a pakistani or indian thing?

ReputationRep:
    Think it was already answered but i'd agree with the cultural aspect, if you're second gen then the idea of marrying out of culture/race would be a pretty alien thing to your parents. Also, religion tends to be synonymous with certain races in this country, so i find there's usually a religious influence as well. What kind of up bringing did you have, a religious one?

And lol i was at shisha with some of my asian friends the other day and mentioned i fancied someone, they all turned to listen, i said 'he's called james', there was pure silence, then one em went 'MATE, HIS SECOND NAME BEST BE KHAN!'

Also, the whole brap brap thing, did you find it was mostly a pakistani or indian thing?
    Aaah shisha, what flavour? :ninja:..had guava recently, :sogood:

My upbringing was religious, but not overly - very moderate, yet still retain the fundamental principles of Islam. I love being a Muslim though, and am so proud to say I am till the day that I DIE!, and would thoroughly encourage someone before marrying them to convert . I get what you mean by the second gen thing, it's what I was thinking too.

But if you REALLY scrutinise it, you'll find that it's not as big of a deal as some parents make it out to be - you dont lose the culture if you dont marry an Asian lol

Oh and the brap brap thing lol, well I know more Indians than Pakistanis even though i'm half Pak half ugandan, so I would say Indians.

ReputationRep:
    plenty of dating sites with white chics (mostly fat ones i assume, but you said white is all you care about). tsr-ians can only advise you and call you troll. no one's shallow enough to 'open' themselves up to you here. getting a white chic shouldn't be so awfully difficult
    I'm sure there are a fair number of sluts like you out there who happen to be white + female.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you're a bit racist no? there are some SPICY latinos too you know.

i.e Eva Longoria.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah shisha, what flavour? :ninja:..had guava recently, :sogood:

My upbringing was religious, but not overly - very moderate, yet still retain the fundamental principles of Islam. I love being a Muslim though, and am so proud to say I am till the day that I DIE!, and would thoroughly encourage someone before marrying them to convert . I get what you mean by the second gen thing, it's what I was thinking too.

But if you REALLY scrutinise it, you'll find that it's not as big of a deal as some parents make it out to be - you dont lose the culture if you dont marry an Asian lol

Oh and the brap brap thing lol, well I know more Indians than Pakistanis even though i'm half Pak half ugandan, so I would say Indians.

That's pretty unusual, i tend to find being religious goes hand in hand with very traditional views on things like this :confused:

They have this flavour called 'chameleon' cos it changes from apples to lemon, which is om nom nom nom

So your parents would be cool with you bringin in a non asian home (i guess they would be, half pak half ugandan and all that )?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    hmm OP has some good points about indian girls.. they do have a bad rep in that sense. But surely you'd find a girl (white brown asian whatever) out and about, not on TSR!
    True that. And I only really know one good looking indian chick:

http://www.imgbase.net/images/katrina-kaif-14.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty unusual, i tend to find being religious goes hand in hand with very traditional views on things like this :confused:

They have this flavour called 'chameleon' cos it changes from apples to lemon, which is om nom nom nom

So your parents would be cool with you bringin in a non asian home (i guess they would be, half pak half ugandan and all that )?
    My parents are supportive in whatever I do so yeah they would be more than cool if I brought a non asian home lol

ReputationRep:
    My parents are supportive in whatever I do so yeah they would be more than cool if I brought a non asian home lol

Nosy, but how did your parents meet/get together/ how did their families respond? Never heard of a pak/ugandan relationship, i r curious!

ReputationRep:
    Can't be that hard, white girls are the easiest.

ReputationRep:
    You've probably just been brainwashed by the media into thinking white women are preferable. There are plenty of attractive women of all different colours, limiting yourself to just one race seems silly and pointless to me.

You've had a few bad experiences with Asian girls, but you can't use that as a basis for ruling them out completely.

I would advise you to become a bit more open minded, and a bit more proactive in your search for love. Women aren't going to come and suck your **** by themselves you know. :rolleyes:

P.S I am a white girl. :badger:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.