Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Three people think that I'm going to get an offer?!? I'm glad that somebody believes in me, but I fear that you may be disappointed.
    Also, I love how nobody has remembered how many exclamation marks are in your name. You've got 4, 3 and 1!!

:P

ReputationRep:
    l4ith is clearly the favourite. And with good reason. I'm also amazed I got any votes at all tbh. I'm flattered but it's too unlikely
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    Also, I love how nobody has remembered how many exclamation marks are in your name. You've got 4, 3 and 1!!

:P
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that!

Btw, you ARE getting in. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    It would be great if everyone won with 5/5 here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    l4ith is clearly the favourite. And with good reason. I'm also amazed I got any votes at all tbh. I'm flattered but it's too unlikely
    Who is l4ith? I saw he/she is a medicine applicant but couldn't see anything else about them, do they have a 100% grade record or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Who is l4ith? I saw he/she is a medicine applicant but couldn't see anything else about them, do they have a 100% grade record or something?
    Close enough. And a ridiculously good BMAT score. Thank god he didn't apply to my college.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that!

Btw, you ARE getting in. 'Nuff said.
    Ah, not if you realised how ironic my previous statement was. I'll say no more

Besides, I seriously doubt it. Not after my sub-par interview performance.

I have no worries for you though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    anyone else REALLY want to know who put their usernames down now?
    i could guess a couple, but i'm so curious as to who else would risk the much-coveted pos-rep prize to place a bet on me

i don't think i've written all that much about how well i did in my interview or how apt a choice i would be for a linguistics degree on here so it'd be interesting to know what people based their decisions on :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    yeah, that about sums it up! :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    i could guess a couple, but i'm so curious as to who else would risk the much-coveted pos-rep prize to place a bet on me

i don't think i've written all that much about how well i did in my interview or how apt a choice i would be for a linguistics degree on here so it'd be interesting to know what people based their decisions on :dontknow:
    I think that I can guess who put me down... :holmes:

For you, I would say it's your GCSEs and predicted grades that might make some people put you down. OR it could be people that you've talked to a lot on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    I think that I can guess who put me down... :holmes:

For you, I would say it's your GCSEs and predicted grades that might make some people put you down. OR it could be people that you've talked to a lot on the thread.
    eh, i think i come across as a bit of a lurker on tsr. i'm not here to instigate witty debate or academic discussion, i'm here to avoid revision and occasionally impart nuggets of sarcasm/innuendo :ahee: has craftily leaving out my AS grades and mentioning CSAS won me pity votes :ashamed2:?

the only people i tend to rant about linguistics stuff to are UCL/cambridge's current students or the fellow ling applicants i have on facebook because chat's just so much quicker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    eh, i think i come across as a bit of a lurker on tsr. i'm not here to instigate witty debate or academic discussion, i'm here to avoid revision and occasionally impart nuggets of sarcasm/innuendo :ahee:
    Isn't that the point of TSR?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Well entries are now closed, so we now have 21 confirmed lists. Feel free to discuss anything here really. Will display the list after we all get our decisions (i.e. 5th January) Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    Close enough. And a ridiculously good BMAT score. Thank god he didn't apply to my college.
    Ah OK, those with medicine anything can happen tbf!

ReputationRep:
    This is such a good idea

Definitely makes me feel better that someone thought I might get an offer

ReputationRep:
    I love you number fifteen! It's sad how much this has cheered me up. (:

I didn't get my list in in time which means I don't need to decide and can stick with the idea that every single one of us will get offers XD

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! I'm actually really touched! :h Thank you everyone who put me down, it really cheered me up ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)

no matter how many information you gave people, thier presumptions would still be based on inspiration, so don't worry, it's all about guessing. i guess.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I think that this game that I initiated was to give people some happiness really. But in 2 weeks, we will all know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I think that this game that I initiated was to give people some happiness really. But in 2 weeks, we will all know
    Indeed, I retract my naysaying, having finally wormed my way here to avoid doing work. Number 15 you're wonderful and have made me smile. Come October I'm going to buy you a big cake. Or a small cake. A muffin, in truth. A small muffin. I'll let you have the chocolate bits from a small muffin that I'll buy for myself, or one of the chocolate bits, unless there are no chocolate bits. And it's only a week until we know, now, if we're going to Cambridge. My God.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.