Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Met girl, got number, texted, no reply Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Another text? Saying what?
    I dunno, something casual with a question in it so it's easy to reply, if she doesn't reply again then she's probably hinting she's not interested. But don't do it now because it's only been a day, leave it a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    I met her on Friday, got her number, texted her yesterday and haven't received a reply.

Opinions - does this mean give up, would any girls take this long in this situation? Would it be wierd to call her on Wednesday if I haven't had a reply?
    I'm going to have to break it to you....but the truth is PHONE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.

Just because you got a girl's phone number doesn't mean she's interested in you sexually/romantically.

Here's the mistake a lot of guys make: they think that because they got a girl's phone number, that this means she fancies him and that he's 'in there' with her. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Girls give out their number all the time. And the problem with taking a girls' phone numbers is that you can waste a lot of time calling girls who aren't even interested

The solution is to stop taking taking girls' phone numbers, and instead give them YOUR number. What I do is I have some business cards printed out with my name, phone number and email address on them, and whenever I meet a girl and she seems to be interested, I hand her my card and tell her to call me sometime in the next few weeks if she fancies meeting up for a cup of coffee so we can get to know each other.

This is far better than taking girls' numbers, because it automatically weeds out the girls who are interested from those who aren't, since only the girls who are interested will call. And when they DO call, YOU are in the power position because by giving them your number it forces them to chase/pursue you.

The only time you should take a girl's phone number is if she OFFERS her number to you. If a girl offers you her number, that's a pretty clear sign she's interested.....but if you have to ask a girl for her number, then you are going to lose your power and waste a lot of time calling/texting girls who simply aren't interested.

The media and society leads us to believe that getting a number means a girl likes you, but it's NOT TRUE. The media and society leads us to believe that we should go out and get a bunch of phone numbers, and that if we get a ton of phone numbers then we have 'pulled'. Again, this is NOT TRUE. If you get a phone number, it just means you got a phone number....it doesn't mean you've pulled. You can't f*ck a phone number! Too many guys treat getting a phone number the same as if they'd had sex with a girl or something. Phone numbers alone mean nothing.

Also, if you got a girl's phone number in a nightclub, well you were just someone who was appealing to her in the moment, but as soon as you were gone she probably forgot about you.

Start doing things as I suggest; give women YOUR number so they have to chase YOU, and only take a girl's numbers if she offers it to you. That way, you'll avoid situations like yours.

See what confuses me is that she started dancing with me, and gave me compliments - that she liked my style. Then I get her number and tell her I'll text in the next few days & will she come and meet up with me. She says yes, then nothing...

If she'd texted me I would've waited like 2/3 hours to text, but I would've texted even if I wasn't interested, out of politeness.

Hence, girls confuse me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmy141)
    Maybe she gave you a fake number?
    guys tend to ring it there and then nowadays (to check it's yours)/"to give you theirs "

I didn't text/ring when she gave me her number. But why would she give me a fake one when she came up to me?!

ReputationRep:
    Girls just tend to be fickle, we change our minds a lot.

(Original post by Linweth)
    Girls just tend to be fickle, we change our minds a lot.
    So if you easily change your mind one way, it can be easily changed the other way right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    I'm going to have to break it to you....but the truth is PHONE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.

Just because you got a girl's phone number doesn't mean she's interested in you sexually/romantically.

Here's the mistake a lot of guys make: they think that because they got a girl's phone number, that this means she fancies him and that he's 'in there' with her. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Girls give out their number all the time. And the problem with taking a girls' phone numbers is that you can waste a lot of time calling girls who aren't even interested

The solution is to stop taking taking girls' phone numbers, and instead give them YOUR number. What I do is I have some business cards printed out with my name, phone number and email address on them, and whenever I meet a girl and she seems to be interested, I hand her my card and tell her to call me sometime in the next few weeks if she fancies meeting up for a cup of coffee so we can get to know each other.

This is far better than taking girls' numbers, because it automatically weeds out the girls who are interested from those who aren't, since only the girls who are interested will call. And when they DO call, YOU are in the power position because by giving them your number it forces them to chase/pursue you.

The only time you should take a girl's phone number is if she OFFERS her number to you. If a girl offers you her number, that's a pretty clear sign she's interested.....but if you have to ask a girl for her number, then you are going to lose your power and waste a lot of time calling/texting girls who simply aren't interested.

The media and society leads us to believe that getting a number means a girl likes you, but it's NOT TRUE. The media and society leads us to believe that we should go out and get a bunch of phone numbers, and that if we get a ton of phone numbers then we have 'pulled'. Again, this is NOT TRUE. If you get a phone number, it just means you got a phone number....it doesn't mean you've pulled. You can't f*ck a phone number! Too many guys treat getting a phone number the same as if they'd had sex with a girl or something. Phone numbers alone mean nothing.

Also, if you got a girl's phone number in a nightclub, well you were just someone who was appealing to her in the moment, but as soon as you were gone she probably forgot about you.

Start doing things as I suggest; give women YOUR number so they have to chase YOU, and only take a girl's numbers if she offers it to you. That way, you'll avoid situations like yours.

This. Asking for numbers is just plain weird, it ain't never gonna work.
    If you genuinely fail and don't sleep with her that night, and she doesn't offer you her number either, then just get her name and send her a message on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for her reply... if she still doesn't reply then give up. If someone kept persisting via text/calls I would be annoyed.

So if you easily change your mind one way, it can be easily changed the other way right?
    Mate, im in the excactly the same position as you right now, piss take, this girl gave me her number at a pub on thursday night...I texted her casually saturday and she still hasnt replied. So crazy cos we were getting along a treat. Girls mess with your head over such trivial things, I don't know whether i should text/call her or whatever but then again I don't wana come accross as desperate so im leaving it for the time being

ReputationRep:
    Move on.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky jim

Mate, im in the excactly the same position as you right now, piss take, this girl gave me her number at a pub on thursday night...I texted her casually saturday and she still hasnt replied. So crazy cos we were getting along a treat. Girls mess with your head over such trivial things, I don't know whether i should text/call her or whatever but then again I don't wana come accross as desperate so im leaving it for the time being
    Exactly! Same with this girl. She seemed really interested in me, complimented my style cos I kind of dress like a mod, danced with me all night, gives me her number, kisses me, then blanks me.

So ****ing long!

I was dancing with this other girl before she came up to me as well, but I ditched the other one cos this one seemed really cool. Karma?

ReputationRep:
    It's always been clear:

ReputationRep:
    I met her on Friday, got her number, texted her yesterday and haven't received a reply.

Opinions - does this mean give up, would any girls take this long in this situation? Would it be wierd to call her on Wednesday if I haven't had a reply?
    You've been rejected. QED.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably playing hard to get. Send her a text every 30 minutes getting progressively more passive-aggressive.

She'll be putty in your arms, Casanova.

(Or, y'know, chalk it up to experience, learn from it and move on.)

ReputationRep:
    she doesn't want to talk to you.

(Original post by Miraclefish)
    She's probably playing hard to get. Send her a text every 30 minutes getting progressively more passive-aggressive.

She'll be putty in your arms, Casanova.

(Or, y'know, chalk it up to experience, learn from it and move on.)
    I'm not usually one to get caught up on girls, especially not ones I meet in bars. And I don't struggle to pull girls. It's just this girl was exactly what I'm looking for, so just feels a shame not to atleast get a date out of it.

So what experience am I supposed to gain from this?

ReputationRep:
    Story of your life?

ReputationRep:
    Don't count your eggs before they've texted back?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.