Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm sick being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. . . Watch

(Original post by Liam_G)
    Maybe you should stop dressing so nicely... Wear an ankle-length dress, and tie your hair in a bun (but not a good bun). Not wearing make-up might be a good idea. And wear at least one item of clothing that is made of thick wool.

Lose all traces of your contemporary femininity and just go wild :awesome:
    I know you are probably trolling but I was wearing a thick knit wool jumper and jeans when I got my drink spiked.

Take note girls, it can happen at any time.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing says 'No' like a punch to the gut and a knee to the face.

ReputationRep:
    Do you go out with a lot of other girls? If you do, maybe people will see that your just going out on a girls night out or something and leave you be. Or maybe they'll be intimidated by the amount of women you're with.

If you have any guy friends that would like to go clubbing with you, invite them. An excess of sausage amongst the pasties is a sure way to deter the pastry monsters...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have absolutely no idea why I wrote that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know you are probably trolling but I was wearing a thick knit wool jumper and jeans when I got my drink spiked.

Take note girls, it can happen at any time.
    Woah, you got you're drink spiked? That is serious... it's hard to believe how desperate and sad people can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    don't dress like a slut. if you are there to have a good time with your friends wear no make up, jeans and a baggy t-shirt. otherwise don't complain. if you dress provocatively then you deserve what comes your way. it's as simple as that.
    Did you actually bother to read the ****ing OP?

Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.
    Well I know, it must be difficult. I mean Im a man and am not really forceful, Im probably a bit too respectful as I dont want to get done for sexual harassment. I just dance with friends and if if I see a nice girl, might try and have a cheeky dance with her but if she just turns away back to her friends, I just think fine, her loss and leave her alone.

I think its difficult because there are a lot of different people who go clubbing. Some girls literally just go to try and reject men I hear, which is pretty pathetic, if thats their purpose in life. Its not really easy to meet decent people there. I would just keep close to your friends if I was you and watch out for the predators.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Did you actually bother to read the ****ing OP?
    Thank you very much. I am getting annoyed with how many people have said that to me. It would take a pretty thick person to not realise that slutty clothing attracts attention.

I do find it shocking though that so many people have the attitude that "if she dresses like a slut she deserves what she gets" - that ridiculous. NO ONE DESERVES TO BE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED, RAPED OR HAVE THEIR DRINK SPIKED. For girls who do dress like that, you may attract the wrong kind of attention, but if you say NO it means NO and blokes should just walk away.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna say it but someone beat it to me - if it really is the music and people dancing, and you have no interest in pulling - gay bar?

Or bring along the guy mates as mentioned.

Don't take this as an insult (maybe even a compliment because you're being nice) but do you sort of rather than say no, or say yes, sort of do nothing and so they keep trying it on? Maybe you need to be firm straight away, then walk off, if they really do keep pursuing you then, that's over the line, - tell the bouncers and they'll help you straight away - HELL they'll listen to you even if you aren't being hassled cos they always listen to the girls

ReputationRep:

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.
    Dress how you want to be treated.
    High-heels + short skirt = Please take me home and **** me

ReputationRep:

you know, i cant stand that type of attention either so i used to wear very covered up clothing to clubs and it stopped.

NO cleavage, NO tight miniskirts, NO skirts above the knee, NO boob tubes, NO clothes that require a clear bra for the no-bra look, NO clothes that are so tight they require a thong for the no-pants look, NO stripper heels. NO spaghetti straps.

you can still dress nicely in pencil skirts, flared skirts, wide leg crepe trousers, bootcut jeans, long sleeved silky peasant tops, large dangly earrings.

here is an example of a dress i recently wore to a cocktail party where i didnt want attention :
    http://designerdresses.me.uk/wp-cont...Foil-Dress.jpg

wheras most gals were dressed like this (the girl on the left)
    http://www.styleguru.org/images/mtv-...minis_1451.jpg

nice dresses, but you can easily see why a drunk dude looking for an easy piece of meat would go for the latter style. whereas if you carry yourself with class and cover up, you will not get that attention. and before you start thinking im fat or ugly or something, im actually size 6 latin american model. so i COULD have that attention if i wanted but i choose not to.

i cant stand other girls who go clubbing in a boob tube and micro mini with stripper heels and their butt and boods hanging out, then start bleating on about 'wanting to be respected' and 'being valued for personality not just looks'

girls. respect yourselves. if it isnt for sale dont put it in the shop window. you cant blame a dude for getting confused .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    You can't have a club without guys looking to pull, it doesn't exist. You either stop going or learn to deal with it.
    I beg to disagree.

:P

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know the video wasn't strictly necessary but the song popped into my head and it amuses me

ReputationRep:
    Really, there is no solution.

A large % of men just think that in they're in a club, it's automatically acceptable to act like an ape.

I solved this problem by stopping going to clubs.

We now chill in bars and tbf they're not all that different. Usually have better music and such, but thats about it.

Not sure where you live, but try looking for places that have both maybe?
    Here in Newcastle theres a bar 'Head of Steam' - which has a bar upstairs and a dancey/clubby version downstairs, so you can have a bit of both?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No eye contact.

As soon as you make eye contact with a guy (even if you are just scanning the room) they assume you are interested... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    pub?

ReputationRep:
    You're, too sexy for the club. So sexy, it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Already been said but having other people around you, mebbe learn some neat tricks, there are some pretty brutal things you can inflict on 'wandering' hands

ReputationRep:
    Walk around with a male friend (or boyfriend) at least 6 feet tall or built or both. You'll have much less trouble that way.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I recognise that it's unacceptable for people to behave that way, why do you keep going back?

You: "Oh, the last time I went clubbing, I was almost raped..."
    Friend: "Coming out?!"
    You: "Fo so ho!"

Seems silly. Like how I like being warm, but whenever I put my hand in fire, it hurts! I wish fire wouldn't be such a ****. I think I'll make a thread on TSR about it, and then not follow simple advice.

FYI: Don't go there, or go to gay bars ect.

ReputationRep:
    Try and go out with some male friends.

Other men will never approach you if you're in a large group, especially if there are some other lads there.

If they do approach just get one of the lads to dance with you or hold your hand for a second and pretend they are your boyfriend, they will back off. I hate these absolute douches that go out drinking their WKD's trying to pull someone in their best Henleys... they need to sort their lives out.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about context. My friends used to frequent bars where I could be wearing jeans and a baggy jumper and guys would still try to feel me up (like I couldn't tell what they were doing) :rolleyes: or hollering 'Check out the tits on that!' (and on that occasion I had a work shirt with buttons up to my forehead, so the 'if you don't want to be treated like that, don't dress like like a slut' is a little redundant).

In the end, I stopped going to places where alcohol was the poison of choice, if you get my drift - I could then dance around in my ensamble without attracting WKD-soused plebs

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.