Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I sleeping so much? Watch

Right, **** this, I've broken out the sleeping tablets.

ReputationRep:
    i need some of those

Damn, I can feel them working now ... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    People suffering from a depression have typically problems falling asleep and getting up early.

ReputationRep:
    I fell asleep at 10pm last night, I woke up at 2am. My sleeping patterns haven't been normal for almost a year I'd say. So sleeping at the 'right time' all depends on what the 'right time' for you is. You simply need to work this out. Please don't rely on sleeping tablets, they should only be taken as a last resort and I can guarantee you haven't tried every other alternative available to you. Seeing a doctor if it continues for more than a week or so is far more advisable than heading straight to the pills, which unfortunately you have done.

The fact you took them at what appears to be 15-20 minutes ago isn't going to help your situation really, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Totally the same! I went to sleep at 11pm last night, woke up at 2:30am, went back to sleep at 9am then woke up at 2:30pm It's 4:30am and I'm still awake with no sleep, fml!
    PS All nighters won't work unless you have the proper will power, it kills me to stay awake until 2pm!

ReputationRep:
    I recommend getting up with only an hour or two's sleep. You'll feel crap for a day but then fine there on.
    Don't then go and have a nap for two hours because you'll end up still not being able to sleep.
    I always do this on the last day of holidays(or sometimes the day before if I have a lot of coursework). Usually works.
    It's horrible still being up at 6 AM and having to get up at 7:30 .
    EMZ=]

(Original post by lella_m)
    The fact you took them at what appears to be 15-20 minutes ago isn't going to help your situation really, is it?
    Well I finally fell asleep about ten minutes after I made that post and they worked brilliantly. I don't feel all exhausted. Yes I woke up late but I'm finally starting to feel refreshed. :dontknow: Obviously I don't want to be using them every night (they were only herbal tablets), but thank God I got to sleep last night before 5am for once. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.