Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Egypt uncovers 'Israeli spy ring' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nazirard)
    WRONG. The Palestinians were living in the land under ottoman rule and were being oppressed. The UN helped the Palestinians to fight the ottoman empire and were succesful.
    The United Nations was formed in 1945 and the Ottoman Empire collapsed in 1923.

Stalin 1 - Nazirard 0.

Once Palestine was established the UN decided to give the land to the British and French even though it was the Palestinians that were living their before hand.
    The British controlled Palestine and Jordan via the British Mandate for Palestine in 1920, 25 years before the creation of the United Nations.

The French controlled Syria, not Palestine.

Stalin 2 - Nazirard 0.

The British said they would give the land to the Palestinians and at the same time when discussed with France said they would also give it to the Jews and make a Jewish state.

Next time don't leave the important bits out.
    The United Nations created the State of Israel, not Britain, nor France.

Stalin 3 - Nazirard 0.

ReputationRep:
    Were it not who we would now call Palestinians living in that land!!
    English please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    Media? Check. Banks? Check. Stalin? Check. We're one step closer.
    Sharks? Check.

World domination is now complete.

ReputationRep:
    WRONG. The Palestinians were living in the land under ottoman rule and were being oppressed. The UN helped the Palestinians to fight the ottoman empire and were succesful. Once Palestine was established the UN decided to give the land to the British and French even though it was the Palestinians that were living their before hand. The British said they would give the land to the Palestinians and at the same time when discussed with France said they would also give it to the Jews and make a Jewish state.

Was this around the same time that the UN also helped wipe up the remnants of the Holy Roman Empire? Just after they'd negotiated peace between Britain and Napoleon?

Stalin has very effectively trounced every anti-Semite "anti-Zionist" in this thread. Kudos to him.

Referring to the link in question, there are probably a dozen British, American, French, etc spy rings also operating in Egypt. Does the OP object to espionage, or just when Israelis are the ones doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

Stalin 1 - Nazirard 0.

The British controlled Palestine and Jordan via the British Mandate for Palestine in 1920, 25 years before the creation of the United Nations.

Stalin 2 - Nazirard 0.

Stalin 3 - Nazirard 0.

All lies & propaganda. I will fully debunk this tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    OP. Who is gonna win. A "TSR Idol" with 3 positive rep gems who has been here from Oct 2009 and has his facts straight or a "Respected Member" with 3 NEG rep gems who has been here from nov 2009 and is WRONG.

Take a chill pill. Relax. Drink. :pepsi: then think. :sherlock:

ReputationRep:
    WRONG. The Palestinians were living in the land under ottoman rule and were being oppressed. The UN helped the Palestinians to fight the ottoman empire and were succesful. Once Palestine was established the UN decided to give the land to the British and French even though it was the Palestinians that were living their before hand. The British said they would give the land to the Palestinians and at the same time when discussed with France said they would also give it to the Jews and make a Jewish state.

Palestine was never established at the time. The middle-east was split up according to national controll. One part, called 'Palestine'. 80% of it became an Arab state, now called Jordan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

Stalin 1 - Nazirard 0.

Nice try. I meant the league of nations. Why try cover everything up.

Stalin 2 - Nazirard 0.

The league of nations handed the land to the British even though there were still Palestinians living there.

Stalin 3 - Nazirard 0.

Again nice try. I never said that I said the British and French also at the same time promised the land to the jews.
    End result. Desqualified for leaving out the important bits unless you don't really have any knowledge of it.

(Original post by Democracy)
    Was this around the same time that the UN also helped wipe up the remnants of the Holy Roman Empire? Just after they'd negotiated peace between Britain and Napoleon?

Stalin has very effectively trounced every anti-Semite "anti-Zionist" in this thread. Kudos to him.

Referring to the link in question, there are probably a dozen British, American, French, etc spy rings also operating in Egypt. Does the OP object to espionage, or just when Israelis are the ones doing it?
    Oh look it's the anti-semite card even though I said nothing to suggest snti-semitism. And if you had any knowledge of what's going on in Israel then you would know how much of a fool you sound agreeing with Stalin.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    Palestine was never established at the time. The middle-east was split up according to national controll. One part, called 'Palestine'. 80% of it became an Arab state, now called Jordan.
    Your not bothering to understand what I'm saying. There were people in that land who we would now call Palestinians and they just had their homes robbed of them all because of those ass licking zionists.

ReputationRep:
    They are allies... who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House of Jonny)
    OP. Who is gonna win. A "TSR Idol" with 3 positive rep gems who has been here from Oct 2009 and has his facts straight or a "Respected Member" with 3 NEG rep gems who has been here from nov 2009 and is WRONG.

Take a chill pill. Relax. Drink. :pepsi: then think. :sherlock:
    Lol at the idiocy of this comment. Just a follower ass licking Stalin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    Who was there at the time, or 2000 years ago, is irrelevant. There were people living there at the time Zionists came in and started acting like the animals they are. Maybe Jews had the right to that land, does that mean it is ok to do what they did? or what settlers still do? from burning mosques to attacking Arab farmers and their flocks?

ReputationRep:
    Your not bothering to understand what I'm saying. There were people in that land who we would now call Palestinians and they just had their homes robbed of them all because of those ass licking zionists.

If you make incorrect statements, don't expect people to somehow telepathically understand what you want to say. And if you had any basic knowledge of the conflict you would know that no Palestinian was forcefully evicted during the period of 1890-1947, despite numerous attacks on Jewish communities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Who was there at the time, or 2000 years ago, is irrelevant.
    I never even brought that up, nor was it part of my argument.

There were people living there at the time Zionists came in and started acting like the animals they are.

I already asked you one before, to show me one example of forceful eviction of Palestinians prior to the 1948 war, imposed on the Jewish community. You avoided it and resorted to a personal attack. Repeat?

Maybe Jews had the right to that land, does that mean it is ok to do what they did?

And What, exactly (barring the usual false hyperbolic statements) did they do? Show me what they did to warrant the attempted genocide of 1948.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    If you make incorrect statements, don't expect people to somehow telepathically understand what you want to say. And if you had any basic knowledge of the conflict you would know that no Palestinian was forcefully evicted during the period of 1890-1947, despite numerous attacks on Jewish communities.
    OMG. The pettiness of your argument shocks me. I think you need to read over what you just said. You sound like your making excuses for Israel's tyranny.

First of all the Palestinians were promised that land from the British and then came the Jewish settlers who claim the land because of religious reasons.

And what about post 1947? When Israel just decide to force Palestinians out of their homes.

ReputationRep:
    OMG. The pettiness of your argument shocks me. I think you need to read over what you just said. You sound like your making excuses for Israel's tyranny.

First of all the Palestinians were promised that land from the British and then came the Jewish settlers who claim the land because of religious reasons.

And what about post 1947? When Israel just decide to force Palestinians out of their homes.
    In his stupid little world, The Israelis didn't commit a crime at all.. apparently, they didn't force any arab family out of anywhere, all the ones that were living in what is now Israel, just magically disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    I never even brought that up, nor was it part of my argument.

And What, exactly (barring the usual false hyperbolic statements) did they do? Show me what they did to warrant the attempted genocide of 1948.

Apparently, they didn't force any arab family out of anywhere, all the ones that were living in what is now Israel, just magically disappeared... Well done you're now officially a retard.

SO the Palestinians that are living all over the arab world in refugee camps who all come from places inside Israel... how did they get there? what happened? did they just get up and leave? How about what is happening in Hebron? if you don't know what settlers do in Hebron then don't ever defend Israel again without visiting it and having a look.

ReputationRep:
    WRONG. The Palestinians were living in the land under ottoman rule and were being oppressed. The UN helped the Palestinians to fight the ottoman empire and were succesful.
    The UN did not even exist then.

It was the league of nations which was a dying body at the time. The allied forces fought the Ottomans because they teamed up with the Germans, not because they wanted to help the Palestinians, which at the time didn't even call themselves Palestinians.

Next time don't make things up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    It was Israel who started the war.....
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/..._invasion.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Who was there at the time, or 2000 years ago, is irrelevant. There were people living there at the time Zionists came in and started acting like the animals they are. Maybe Jews had the right to that land, does that mean it is ok to do what they did? or what settlers still do? from burning mosques to attacking Arab farmers and their flocks?
    When the Zionists came in they settled and lived on soil that was either legally purchased or otherwise completely abandoned. Nothing was taken from the Arabs.

What happened after 48 was a result of a war which was imposed on Israel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.