Your blood type?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aeterno
O-

Don't take my blood :ninja:

I know what you mean. :-)

I have 0- too.

We can give blood to everybody but can only receive 0-, which is by the way the rarest type. But that is the reason for me to donate my blood. I don´t get money for it but a friendly smile, kind words and something to eat and drink for free. :-) It is just enough for me to save lives with just a few of my own blood, which I can give for free. I would engage everybody to do that. Maybe you will be in bthe situation that you will need it some time.

So I change the poll. :smile: who of you donates blood?
Reply 21
actually saying AB seems to ring a bell with me....Im pretty sure Im AB- but with + antibodies... hence a screwed up blood type... apparently its something to my mum being positive and my dad being negative or whatevers....there again saying that is it possible to be AO? if so I might be that instead...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
I'm A+.......and regularly donate blood :smile:
Reply 23
I don't know they never told me - how do I find out?
Reply 24
A-
Strange coincidence so is the milkman :wink:
Original post by S129439
IB+

"As in I BE POSITIVE YOU AINT TOUCHIN ME WITH NO NEEDLE!"

- The Truman Show :smile:

But seriously, it's A+. Just under a third of the population of the UK have this.

Really? Could've sworn that was from Bruce Almighty :holmes:

Anyway, i don't know what blood type i am, but my parents are AO and BO so i could be anything :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by suzie101
actually saying AB seems to ring a bell with me....Im pretty sure Im AB- but with + antibodies... hence a screwed up blood type... apparently its something to my mum being positive and my dad being negative or whatevers....there again saying that is it possible to be AO? if so I might be that instead...

You can have A and O alleles, but you can't be type O unless you have 2 O alleles, so you would be type A if you did. There Is only A, B, AB, and O (with +ves/-tve too).
Reply 27
O+
Reply 28
A-
Reply 29
Original post by Xurvi

AB+ for the win! Plus, we're amongst the rarest :awesome:

Thats a bad thing.
Reply 30
Original post by Gemma2010
You can have A and O alleles, but you can't be type O unless you have 2 O alleles, so you would be type A if you did. There Is only A, B, AB, and O (with +ves/-tve too).

Ah Ive no idea! Should probably have paid more attention in biology class :colondollar:
O+
The universal donor :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by aeterno
O-

Don't take my blood :ninja:

O- actually means you cannot accept anyone elses blood, but you can donate to everyone else since your blood cells contains no antigens that can cause an immune response.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by SophiaMaria
O+
The universal donor :smile:

O- is the universal donor actually. Anyone that is -ve for the Rh factor will produce anti-Rh antibodies, thus destroying your erythrocytes.
O+, the most common.
Reply 35
A-
Original post by l4ith
O- is the universal donor actually. Anyone that is -ve for the Rh factor will produce anti-Rh antibodies, thus destroying your erythrocytes.

I see. I just learnt that in basic biology, that I am antigenically naked haha, but good to know.
Reply 37
Original post by l4ith
O- actually means you cannot accept anyone elses blood, but you can donate to everyone else since your blood cells contains no antigens that can cause an immune response.

I realise that. Hence the 'don't take my blood' comment :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Arcanine
Thats a bad thing.

Not when you're the universal recipient :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have no idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending