Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nice beaches in the UK? (no pebbles!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    Anglesey beaches (North Wales). To name a few: Newborough (also has an awesome forest there), Aberffraw, Cable Bay, Benllech, Red Wharf Bay, Trearddur Bay and Dulas Bay. You've also got Snowdonia 20 minutes away as well. Will you have a car? If you have car then I would recommend that you actually stay in Bangor. Bangor is a bit of a dive but it's a lot cheaper than Anglesey (and Snowdonia) in the summer.
    If you're going to camp, then I know that Blackthorn Farm campsite at Trearddur Bay is really good.

A
    Newborough beach is lovely and romantic (not too touristy) I used to go camping there with the X. Treaddur is a bit more ahhh developed. She liked it cos she went there as a kid... I thought there were too many screaming kids and chavs on jetskis there tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Falmouth beach there's also a really nice bar on the beach that does live music and curry on a Sunday night

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool beach. Ahaa! I joke, it's grim.

ReputationRep:
    Formby?

ReputationRep:
    South Shields in the North-East of UK (nr Newcastle/Sunderland) has some of the best coastline in the North-East....in my opinion certainly.

ReputationRep:
    Generally would should avoid the East coast and anything which is part of the North Sea. Such horrible murky water.

Go for the west coast, where the sea is much nicer.

What is a beach without the sea?

ReputationRep:
    loads of places in devon like mothecombe for example. so pretty.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't pebbles you should be worrying about, it is sewage.

ReputationRep:

Gower Coast is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    There's some nice ones in Porthcawl, Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool, the beach is perfect! jk, Fleetwod's nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Blackpool, the beach is perfect! jk, Fleetwod's nice.
    Fleetwood! Ha! Your sense of smell will forever contaminated by a hint of fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    Generally would should avoid the East coast and anything which is part of the North Sea. Such horrible murky water.

Go for the west coast, where the sea is much nicer.

What is a beach without the sea?
    A sandpit?

ReputationRep:
    Southend on Sea.

Most beaches with pebbles are in Torbay, Devon apart from Torre Abbey, Goodrington and some others.
      So thats somewhere to avoid. Those the beaches here are clean

ReputationRep:
      Rhyl has a lovely beach. Plus, once your done frolicking in the sand, you can buy some dirty Welsh heroine in a back alley, shoot up and go ape in the penny arcades!

ReputationRep:
      As everyone has already said, Newquay is great, but Whitby would also be a great choice (even if only for the fish & chips!).

ReputationRep:
      go to putsborugh in north devon, its great and its got about 7 other beaches in the area, so if its not your cup of tea you could go to some of the others.

theres alot of decent surfing beaches in north devon aswell, so if your interested....

ReputationRep:
      in fact even though it is pebbily, ladrum bay is really pretty, probably the most scenic beach in the country.

ReputationRep:
      theres no such thing

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.