Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I do with him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for your advice
    Not a problem, remember, think about the bigger picture.

(Original post by qwerty_mad)
    What nationality are the two of you?
    We're both British...why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We're both British...why?
    I thought when you said your parents might not be all for the idea because of his background it had somthing to do with you two being from different countries.

(Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I thought when you said your parents might not be all for the idea because of his background it had somthing to do with you two being from different countries.
    Oh right yeah well he originates from a different country to me...so many stereotypes and bad things said about his country. I prefer to treat him as an individual. I suppose if I did trust him and if he hadnt done/said certain things then I would probably ask my parents to make an effort just for me.

(Original post by HaHaLOL)
    If you know that there is absolutely NO way that you two can be together long-term and that a break - up is inevitable, then i would advise you to end the relationship now to save yourself getting hurt at some point in the future when you are more attached to him.

However, these kind of situations and 'mistakes' are ones you have to make yourself, so that you can learn from them and gain experience.

Whether or not he is after only sex shouldn't even bother you. There is no way you can ever definitively know what is going on in his mind, even if you ask him hes more than capable of lying. All you need to know is that if you have made up your mind to not have sex, then just dont. He cant force you to, and if sex is all he's after he'll eventually give up and look elsewhere.
    Thanks. I guess you're right. I have to let go because , regardless of what I may want, I cant see it being a long-term thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I'm new to your forum.But I feel I can make positive contribution.
    With regards to your man-friend seeking for sex, there is nothing wrong about that.If he could wait for a year and you have not given it to him yet,it means he is patient.Conclusion,he maybe ready to wait till you are ready for marriage(if that is what you want).
    P.S: Parents are not always right

(Original post by akpanity)
    Hi,I'm new to your forum.But I feel I can make positive contribution.
    With regards to your man-friend seeking for sex, there is nothing wrong about that.If he could wait for a year and you have not given it to him yet,it means he is patient.Conclusion,he maybe ready to wait till you are ready for marriage(if that is what you want).
    P.S: Parents are not always right
    I suppose, doubt we will get married though lol. Yeah I know parents aren't always right but I dont want to fall out them over him if I'm not 100% sure about him. If he was to hurt me, my parents would probably say "told you so".

Oh i feel bad now dont end it just because i said lool.. Okay why cant it be a long term thing? what problems do your parents have with it specifically? is it religious/cultural? things might change in the future, for example I never thought that me and my boyfreind would last but circumstances have changed now and everythings gooood so you never know!
    It's mainly cultural and based on bad experiences. It's a bit of a mess really but I guess if I cant trust him (based on my own experience not influenced by my parents advice), then there is no point really because it will just lead to arguments.

Yes thats true, trust is very important in a relationship. Ohwell, theres plenty of nice guys out there, and Mr Right is definately out there too.. so just have fun and you'll find him eventually, remember you dont need a guy in your life to complete it. just enjoy being single until he turns up
    Thanks I'm a bit of a walking contradiction, I love being single but at the same time I want this guy in my life. The idea of making it official and commiting means that I will have to trust him where as now, we are sort of like friend with limited benefits and so if he does things with other girls I dont have the right to flip out about it and we can still keep our friendship...I'm a slightly complicated commitaphobic individual :rolleyes:. Poor guy lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.