Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When you describe a girl as 'skinny', what do you mean exactly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would use it to mean thin in a non-sexy way - no fat on them, but no boobs or waist either. Too thin, in fact. 'Slim' is much more complimentary.

ReputationRep:
    IMO, This person is thin/slim

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.thatsfit....s-swimsuit.jpg

And this person is skinny:

http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-cont...ikini-body.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer_l85)
    So you don't think it means underweight and unhealthy looking?
    Well someone can mean it in that way, but I personally wouldn't usually use it in that way x

ReputationRep:
    i think skinny is not being fat, when a girl wears a pair of skinny jeans, her belly doesnt go over the top of her jeans at all.

having small manhandles can still mean skinny. but i think of skinny as sexy. so i would call super thin, skinny i would call it anorexic and nasty like that photo of lindsey lohan shown posted by another user.

ReputationRep:
    Underweight, as in I can see her ribcage.

ReputationRep:
    I get referred to as both 'slim' and 'skinny', but when I get told I'm skinny or "too skinny", it's usually followed with the comments of "you need to eat more." :eyebrow: People seem to use the term in different ways, but from my own personal responses, I think people mean underweight and unhealthy.

However when I think of skinny, I usually mean someone with a thin frame, whether they're healthy or unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you anon for this? :lolwut:

Skinny can be a bit negative, I prefer being classed as 'slim'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.