Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm on here because I hire people from here.

People need to be shaken from their slumber. If they choose to stay it, so be it. Otherwise, people are getting 60k a year base and bonus on the top should push them over six figures.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by President_Ben)

People need to be shaken from their slumber. If they choose to stay it, so be it. Otherwise, people are getting 60k a year base and bonus on the top should push them over six figures.
      You hire people based on their TSR posts? Wow, cool.

(Original post by M_E_X)
        You hire people based on their TSR posts? Wow, cool.
        I get in touch with them (or they with me). Interviews get considered, done, resolved. There have been a number of very bright people who have been on here, are on here and in the future come here - operating in an environment where they are largely feeling and behaving as though they are 'unobserved'.

ReputationRep:
        Its true, people do get hired off these sites. I know someone who got job through posting at wall street oasis (similar american site). Sites like LinkedIn can also help.

Stay open-minded, you never know where a job could come from!

ReputationRep:

Hire people? From a student forum? Whatever dude, I've heard most well respected employers require an application process. That's just a rumour though, don't quote me on it.

But in all seriousness I think it's great that you hire based on a person's posts on a forum rather than any actual qualifications. Thinking outside the box n all, you're bound to attract the hottest talent.

And if you're such a big shot then why are you on here during working hours mister? Naughty

I don't expect a reply to this as I am largely taking the piss, but I think you need to take a look at your life.

(Original post by jimmahi)
          Hire people? From a student forum? Whatever dude, I've heard most well respected employers require an application process. That's just a rumour though, don't quote me on it.

But in all seriousness I think it's great that you hire based on a person's posts on a forum rather than any actual qualifications. Thinking outside the box n all, you're bound to attract the hottest talent.

And if you're such a big shot then why are you on here during working hours mister? Naughty

I don't expect a reply to this as I am largely taking the piss, but I think you need to take a look at your life.

1. There are processes. Useful ones. My selection criteria are precise for the particular roles I'm looking to take people on for.

2. I'm the one who is long in the industry. I know that your degree is worthless. It doesn't help you actually make money. Feel free to be stupid enough to believe that what you learn actually gives you a competitive edge.

3. Gardening leave. Frankly, even in active hours, I spend a solid half of my working day on email, facebook and other social media forms. Being buyside, being my own boss - I get to call the shots.

ReputationRep:
          How much do you pay relative to the industry?

ReputationRep:
          1. There are processes. Useful ones. My selection criteria are precise for the particular roles I'm looking to take people on for.

2. I'm the one who is long in the industry. I know that your degree is worthless. It doesn't help you actually make money. Feel free to be stupid enough to believe that what you learn actually gives you a competitive edge.

3. Gardening leave. Frankly, even in active hours, I spend a solid half of my working day on email, facebook and other social media forms. Being buyside, being my own boss - I get to call the shots.
          Why spend half your day insulting people online when you could be making money? Why hang around a student site when you're supposedly an adult? Why recruit through a forum when there are proper selection processes?

I'm tired of talking to you, but I'd just like to say that I don't buy this whole "I hire people" nonsense. If being an arse on here gives you the attention you so desperately crave then so be it; I for one think it's pathetic.

ReputationRep:
          Love how bullying Ben is the new fad on the IB&C forum lolz

(Original post by epc)
            How much do you pay relative to the industry?
            Standard. 60k first year base and 40k expected bonus. Job security is a bit lower in the HF side than it is on the IB side.

(Original post by jimmahi)
              Why spend half your day insulting people online when you could be making money? Why hang around a student site when you're supposedly an adult? Why recruit through a forum when there are proper selection processes?

I'm tired of talking to you, but I'd just like to say that I don't buy this whole "I hire people" nonsense. If being an arse on here gives you the attention you so desperately crave then so be it; I for one think it's pathetic.
              The slights have a purpose that does lead to the grand old making money. You'd be surprised at how useful this place actually is for hiring people or network expansion. Anywhere which has had Jan Sramek and Paul Jefferys milling around for hours over the space of months or years is actually very valuable.

I'm prepared to laugh at fools like you when it can earn me ground with people at a different level.

ReputationRep:
              You have an unsettling level of dedication to this joke.

(Original post by sammyrj)
                You have an unsettling level of dedication to this joke.
                And your stupidity in not realising I'm authentic would be unsettlingly if I actually gave a pair of sickle shaped monkey balls what you thought.

ReputationRep:
                And your stupidity in not realising I'm authentic would be unsettlingly if I actually gave a pair of sickle shaped monkey balls what you thought.
                I think you mean 'unsettling', not 'unsettlingly'. Maybe those verbal reasoning tests aren't so important after all.

It's the little things that make you happy when you're signing on.

ReputationRep:
                  (Original post by loafer)
                  I actually agree with Ben here.

It isn't 'his lingo', it is the way that lots of people speak. It is fairly weird to not be able to comprehend a simple phrase like that. I noticed this when I was on here earlier, I wrote a clearly satirical post with a picture of the most ridiculously dressed person asking something stupid about his attire in a stupid way, and everyone who responded thought that I was seriously seeking some help.

Fair enough it may not have been phone-your-neighbours funny, but it was obviously not a honest cry for help. It just went over the heads of everyone who honestly suggested that 'I' should perhaps change 'my' shirt to complement the absurdly shiny white tie.
                  This was me. And I suggested you pick a darker shirt than the maroon one that you posted a photo of. I was obviously joking, maybe you were too simple to understand that?

(Original post by loafer)
                  What I am saying is that some people here obviously are in need of improving their chat and banter
                  Improve their chat and banter? Do people actually talk like this?

You f**king loser.

(Original post by The IC Guy)
                    Improve their chat and banter? Do people actually talk like this?

You f**king loser.
                    Like it or not, a lot of the City does.

ReputationRep:
                    Like it or not, a lot of the City does.
                    Not that I have ever heard, but I don't disbelieve you. Embarrassing stuff.

(Original post by The IC Guy)
                      Not that I have ever heard, but I don't disbelieve you. Embarrassing stuff.
                      I don't know where you've worked but I'm surprised you've not heard things on the floor or even behind the wall being like that.

ReputationRep:
                      I don't know where you've worked but I'm surprised you've not heard things on the floor or even behind the wall being like that.
                      Investment management firm. Maybe it's still a bit more public school dominated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
                  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.