Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    I feel fairly certain that Leicester will be my firm but it depends on what kind of offer I get (if at all) from Loughborough.

I'm going back to Leicester for a UCAS day next year and if I got an offer from Loughborough I would do the same before making a final decision.

Having visted both Unis once already I certainly felt the staff at Leicester were more friendly and welcoming....... but taking a second look is the only way to tell I guess.
    Good luck mate, i was going to put Leicester down but didn't :/, They are both good unis , Just depends in which one you fall in love with first haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Looked more aesthetically pleasing then Leicester (Seeing as you'll be spending many hours in this room). Good set of PC's tribooted to run Linux, windows and Mac OS.

Nothing wrong with a foundation, its still competitive, for example Loughborough has 10 applicants per place on the foundation with the minimum requirements at DDC. Anyone from DDC-ABB+ could apply. Leicester's was not a dedicated foundation year so I opted against that and put Nottingham Trent instead.
    :eek: wow you truly have been miss informed, you do most of your work outside of lessons, I hate mac and always will.

Nothing wrong with a foundation? If you had choice in doing a Bsc or Foundation degree i wonder what people would choose LOL. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to Leicester but to tell people its **** uni and Loughborough is way BETTER beacuse it has a room full of MAC's is not a valued reason ( Unless you love mac lol)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lboro.ac.uk/virtualtour/a.../computer-lab/

They graduated from Leicester, and went into something computer programming related.
    That looks like any other computer (mac?) lab to me. To be honest I don't know how anyone can make a room full of computers look like anything other than a room full of computers......

if we are judging by appearances only then De Montfort is the best Uni I have seen; lovely new buildings and flash new technology everywhere! Plus they have excellent accommodation too......... but no one would seriously suggest they are better than any of the Unis mentioned above who only offer 'a room full of PCs'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylesXD)
    :eek: wow you truly have been miss informed, you do most of your work outside of lessons, I hate mac and always will.

Nothing wrong with a foundation? If you had choice in doing a Bsc or Foundation degree i wonder what people would choose LOL. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to Leicester but to tell people its **** uni and Loughborough is way BETTER beacuse it has a room full of MAC's is not a valued reason ( Unless you love mac lol)
    Hate it or love it, its a growing company.

Given my grades id rather get a higher degree class from a top 20 university spread over 4 years then a lower degree class from a top 60 university in 3 years.

Shame about Loughborough that would of been a better firm.
    Quite an interesting way of saying '**** university' you have there son.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck mate, i was going to put Leicester down but didn't :/, They are both good unis , Just depends in which one you fall in love with first haha
    Yah, Leicester was my first open day and I certainly fell in love with the place.

Which one of your choices is going to be your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Hate it or love it, its a growing company.

Given my grades id rather get a higher degree class from a top 20 university spread over 4 years then a lower degree class from a top 60 university in 3 years.

Quite an interesting way of saying '**** university' you have there son.
    No Google is the Growing Company in terms of Operating Systems

We are not on about you, We are on about the OP, i don't even see why i m arguing about this

o btw why did you quote yourself and you delete out your name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Yah, Leicester was my first open day and I certainly fell in love with the place.

Which one of your choices is going to be your firm?
    awww haah, tbh my friend went up their last year, he said the staff were extremely friendly even the students were The computers they had were top spec, i don't know what else you want from them tbh?

If your happy with want they teacher than thats all you need dont have clue what that girls on about

and if i get offer would be kings :/ but probable get rejection though

ReputationRep:
    No Google is the Growing Company in terms of Operating Systems

We are not on about you, We are on about the OP, i don't even see why i m arguing about this

o btw why did you quote yourself and you delete out your name

You said, I gave you an answer.

If you had choice in doing a Bsc or Foundation degree i wonder what people would choose LOL.
    Its the quoting function without directly quoting another user, jesus christ.

ReputationRep:
    You said, I gave you an answer.

Its the quoting function without directly quoting another user, jesus christ.
    What are you on about?

LOL

ReputationRep:
    Yeah considering your choices, that would be your best bet , when do you have to decide?
    May

(Original post by bexter:))
    i know nottingham is offering you the lowest offer but they actually look like the most respectable uni ???
    Yeah, I did some research and found Nottingham was a very respectable uni, but the the compuetr science specific league tables its not very high

(Original post by LufcEllandRoad)
    If you're predicted 3A's surely you could put better than trent for your backup?

Be dangerous and put Holloway or Brunel down :p:
    I meant the real/propper nottingham....not nottingham trent:p:p

(Original post by BigV)
    How long did it take Loughborough to get back to you? I applied but I'm not hopeful - I reckon they will reject me or offer me Computing with Management as well. :frown:

Quite a few people seem to have got C&M after applying for CS - I hear the CS is very theoretical/Maths heavy, I wonder if that is why?

Meh, never mind.. Once you discount Loughborough I think Leicester & Nottingham are your two best choices - I would stick with them. Leicester has a respected and friendly CS department and from what I have seen the campus atmosphere is great.............. Nottingham has a great reputation generally. Can't go too far wrong with either IMO.
    Thanks, I visited lecister on their normal/public open day, They where the most helpful and the staff looked enthusiastic

Loughborough replied quite fast, BUT the reason they moved me to computing and management was because i did not have a Maths A-level (only AS - Pending)

i tried to email the admissions tutor about it (he did not sound very nice/helpfull )
    so screw lbro for me!

Really? always thought that Leicester was better uni and has better Computer Science department
    +1, now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    M
    Loughborough replied quite fast, BUT the reason they moved me to computing and management was because i did not have a Maths A-level (only AS - Pending)

i tried to email the admissions tutor about it (he did not sound very nice/helpfull )
    so screw lbro for me!

+1, now
    I don't have A-level maths either.

The admissions tutor certainly wasn't friendly when I contacted him and 2 or 3 others from my college also spoke to him and no one had a nice word to say unforunately. :confused:

I don't know why they have someone acting as admissions leader who clearly doesn't want to deal with questions from students (or at least gives that impression).

I also applied for information management & computing so I think realistically that is my only shot of getting an offer from Loughborough. I think the course may really suit me anyway and they don't require A-level maths either.

I think Computing & Management is a bit like the second place prize really..... no CS applicant wants that and anyone who wanted a management/business degree would apply for that in the first place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.