Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Training Contract Offer...But then you get a 2:2 at the end of uni. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowballed)
    Depends on your terms of offer.

Some firms require a 2.1 or above, some just want you to pass.

Equally, some firms require you to pass all your LPC modules, whereas some firms allow you to retake once.

No matter what, HR have discretion and the last say.
    CC's were looking to reduce its TC intake in 2009 due to the recession and let go of 4 of its LPC students because they failed one module - and as that wasnt enough they then offered £10,000 to students who were willing to defer their TC start date by a year.
    God I wish I could be in that position (slightly off topic), I wonder if they had a flurry of people accepting that one! £10,000 would be one mother of a RTW trip!

ReputationRep:
    Actually not as many as you'd imagine! Depends how you look at it. If you're one of the remaining trainees then you'd have a smaller intake for two years - and then when it comes to qualification you'd be more valuable as there aren't as many trainees to compete against - goes for the whole city.

Also, 10 grand is great, but a trainee earns £40,000 and then qualification is £60,000-90,000. Unless you have some great master plan to travel or pursue further studies... is putting your life effectively on hold worth £10,000?

My friend took 6 months out before starting a major firm, and despite a first class at a top 5 uni, she got bored and ended up working at Nandos. Equally another friend ended up at carphone warehouse in his gap before his TC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowballed)
    Actually not as many as you'd imagine! Depends how you look at it. If you're one of the remaining trainees then you'd have a smaller intake for two years - and then when it comes to qualification you'd be more valuable as there aren't as many trainees to compete against - goes for the whole city.

Also, 10 grand is great, but a trainee earns £40,000 and then qualification is £60,000-90,000. Unless you have some great master plan to travel or pursue further studies... is putting your life effectively on hold worth £10,000?

My friend took 6 months out before starting a major firm, and despite a first class at a top 5 uni, she got bored and ended up working at Nandos. Equally another friend ended up at carphone warehouse in his gap before his TC!
    I think for me it would be more about having a final chance to go travelling before starting work rather than el dinero

Although true what you say about qualification....still, the opportunity to go and do what I want for a year without worrying too much about the finances would be too good for me to turn down.

Alas, I will never be in that position!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.