Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    Yea the HSW is hell
    I don't really get the HSW and chemistry as a whole as I my teacher is really bad. Is HSW just data analysis?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same exam board as you for chemistry and I've just gone over nearly every past paper since '01. Then just go over the ones you got wrong, and it helps to look at some sample answers from a high achiever, as they tend to repeat a lot of questions in the chem exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    Any tips on how to achieve this? I made a few threads based on it and have done pretty much what everyone advised and seeing how it's less than 3 weeks away, I don't want to waste any time as I want to get an A. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Past papers. Do as many as you can bring yourself to do and then GO THROUGH and correct your mistakes. Make sure you understand everything on those papers and exactly how to get 100% on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHeart)
    I don't really get the HSW and chemistry as a whole as I my teacher is really bad. Is HSW just data analysis?
    I don't do AQA for Chemistry but for Biology, they make questions on stuff you can't really revise so it's hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHeart)
    I'm doing AQA, could you please send the link? I'm in need of desperate help...

Chemistry and Biology are slowly killing me...
    The pages are all password protected, so I'd have to email them...

I know how you feel. I've ran out of Chemistry past papers and can't even fathom looking at Biology (although I'll have to start). I just keep forgetting to put in terminology and lose all the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    The pages are all password protected, so I'd have to email them...

I know how you feel. I've ran out of Chemistry past papers and can't even fathom looking at Biology (although I'll have to start). I just keep forgetting to put in terminology and lose all the marks.
    I know how you feel. What I would do to go back to GCSE. I've emailed you Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any methods of how to do well in HSW questions in biology!! i have tried past paper questions but am still failing on the HSW parts!!

please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince yaps)
    anyone have any methods of how to do well in HSW questions in biology!! i have tried past paper questions but am still failing on the HSW parts!!

please

In the nelson thornes book there are sample HSW and application questions. It's just a case of getting used to the types of questions. Also look at as many quesions and mark schemes as you can. then when your in the exam try and imagine what the mark scheme would look like. It gets easier with practise, honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13786)
    In the nelson thornes book there are sample HSW and application questions. It's just a case of getting used to the types of questions. Also look at as many quesions and mark schemes as you can. then when your in the exam try and imagine what the mark scheme would look like. It gets easier with practise, honest!
    sorry haven't been able to get back to you but thank you! that helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.