Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How are you spending Summer after GCSE's? :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im going to newquay for a week with my friends and reading festival!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo!

ReputationRep:
    Work experience, parties, gym, buying books for A-levels and doing a BIT of research, helping out around the house and hopefully just chilling )

Oh and hopefully going camping with mates or just meeting up with them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    Revising for your A Levels, if you know what's good for you.
    Mate, theres no point. Often the revision guides dont make much sence if you havent been taught the stuff first. You might as well do over the bits of the GCSE syllabus you dont like, of the AS's you want to take. so if at GCSE chemistry, you dont like moles, go over them, because they come up at AS.

ReputationRep:
    it's GCSEs- they're probably the least stressful thing you will ever do.
    it's not like you're finally getting off crack or something

ReputationRep:
    Revise and do some extra work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Summer after GCSE'S was definitely the best summer of my life. I loved every single bit of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Mate, theres no point. Often the revision guides dont make much sence if you havent been taught the stuff first. You might as well do over the bits of the GCSE syllabus you dont like, of the AS's you want to take. so if at GCSE chemistry, you dont like moles, go over them, because they come up at AS.
    That went right over you head :rolleyes:

When the time comes:

*Further reading
      *Entrance test preparation
      *Pre-learning A-level
      *Reading (text)books for A-level
      *Doing extra work
      *Reading stuff of particular interest
      *And just "enjoying" the summer of course.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Going on DofE camping expedition with school soon after we finish.
      Flying to Estonia for a school choir tour.
      Going camping in France for a week (hopefully with friends) to practice French for sixth form.
      Going to Germany for out of school choir tour.
      And going to Spain (mainly Madrid) for World Youth Day with my diocese.

Hopefully I might also be going to Reading festival, and I plan to spend the rest of my time reading, sleeping and chilling with my mates.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      guys, whatever you do, DO NOT WASTE IT!

i spent most of my summer after the exams worrying about what i had done in them. like, i went on holiday, and did stuff with friends, shopping, going to the cinema, sleepovers etc. but always in the back of my mind i was thinking about results day.

then it got to results day and i was left thinking wtf where did my holiday fun go?

cause this summer im doing work experience, volunteering and studying for the UKCAT/BMAT, i really wish i'd made the most of my time off in the summer.

so guys, just forget about it. put it into the farthest nether region of your mind and don't think about it until you receive that envelope into your shaking hands!

oh and, good luck!

ReputationRep:
      Chillin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-)

ReputationRep:
      Hopefully apply for some work experience and catch up on reading tbh

ReputationRep:
      i'm going to spain with my family for a couple of weeks, then i'm gonna meet up with friends for the rest of the time really.
      i'd also like to get some sort of a summer job or work experience but results day will always be in the back of my mind....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by halii_94)
      i know its a while away but after doing all the work im sure it will be nice to relax for a bit especially if you've taken modules which have been spread out/are going to be spread out throughout the year like me!
      so are you going anywhere nice? thinking of AS?
      good luck everyone
      Me and my friends just spent the summer together camping pretty much twice a week.. generally causing mayhem and doing random stuff.

Was a good choice actually seeing as I've probably seen them about 5 times since

ReputationRep:
      I've been thinking about this a lot recently because I don't want to waste this summer!

But so far all I've got is:

Work Experience
      Volunteering
      The Gym
      The Beach
      A little preparation for A-Levels
      Hanging out with friends

and trying to get a nice tan ;D

ReputationRep:
      smoking weed

ReputationRep:
      The summer after my GCSE's was honestly the best summer of my life.
      -I got a job literally the day after my exams finished which helped to keep me busy
      -I did my silver DofE expedition
      -I went to loads of parties as everyone seemed to suddenly be trusted with free houses
      -I went to T4 on the beach
      -I went to my local park most days to just generally chill and have bbq's and drink
      -I went to skegness for a week with the family
      -and best of alll i spent a week volunteering at a summer camp in spain with 4 of my friends. possibly the best week of my life

My advice? make sure you have lots planned, otherwise it'll be a looooong summer.
      And I wouldnt do too much revision. It can honestly wait you have 2 years of your life to waste doing that.

P.S- this is my first post so be nice

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rachael92)
      The summer after my GCSE's was honestly the best summer of my life.
      -I got a job literally the day after my exams finished which helped to keep me busy
      -I did my silver DofE expedition
      -I went to loads of parties as everyone seemed to suddenly be trusted with free houses
      -I went to T4 on the beach
      -I went to my local park most days to just generally chill and have bbq's and drink
      -I went to skegness for a week with the family
      -and best of alll i spent a week volunteering at a summer camp in spain with 4 of my friends. possibly the best week of my life

My advice? make sure you have lots planned, otherwise it'll be a looooong summer.
      And I wouldnt do too much revision. It can honestly wait you have 2 years of your life to waste doing that.

P.S- this is my first post so be nice

Hey and welcome

Your summer sounds great
      I was going to go to T4 on the beach this year but wasn't sure if the eight hour return trip was worth it
      The summer camp in spain sounds great

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Natalie21)
      Hey and welcome

Your summer sounds great
      I was going to go to T4 on the beach this year but wasn't sure if the eight hour return trip was worth it
      The summer camp in spain sounds great
      Thanks
      T4OTB was good. Not sure I'd go again and the weather was rubbish but I enjoyed the experience.
      And yeah the summer camp was amazing. Its free aswell and I made so many friends there from all around the world. I went last year aswell but now I'm too old

ReputationRep:
      Probs spend time with all my close friends who am goin to miss if i am going to college before results revise my arse to death

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.