The Student Room Group

Navy Warfare Officer

Scroll to see replies

Well he hasn't been on TSR since December, so you might have a wait for a reply....
Original post by beth_c2k6
Hey, im joining now (hopefully) i have my RT on tuesday... i was just wondering what kind of things il need to know when the AIB comes around? someone told me i will need to know tonnes of history/politics and tonnes about the navy... it makes me a bit stressed because il admit i dont know very much about it and ive never done british history or politics so i think il struggle

Forget the AIB for now there's a hell of a journey before you get to that point.

Just in case you aren't aware the process is:

1) Sit RT - and not only pass but you have to pass with a high enough score for the particular trade you want to join

2) pass the PJFT - so you have to run 2.4km under a certain time - if under 24 then its 11 min 13 secs

3) Complete medical

4) Have a SIFT interview with your local AFCO officer and for this you have to know a mega ton of stuff for the RN - not only your trade, but you have to know about the other elements of the RN as well ....FAA, RM, submarines etc. ALso have to know about the ships & Subs - be able to identify them from pictures what weapons they have and what they are used for, the training programme for your partucular trade not to mention answering personal questions.

Only if you pass the SIFT do you proceed to the AIB or firstly FATS if applicable.

At the AIB they will test your RN knowledge further.

BAsically don't get stressed start now and you won't have the panic of trying to cram all the knowledge in
Mate, they are going to ask you one important question - WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE NAVY.
Maybe two - WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN BE AN OFFICER.

Three -personal choice, from someone who's been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally) as well as the rank slides and nametag ('cause the Supply Chief never asked for them back) - Why do you want to be a Warfare Offficer? That's a hell of a path to go down, if you're good enough, but why do you think there is a shortage?
Not trying to put you off at all, if you can answer those then you'll be sweet as.

Quick Reply

Latest