Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kill and eat your pet if you were starving to death? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you?
    Yes! :sogood:
    42.94%
    No! :thumbsdown:
    57.06%

ReputationRep:
    I am a vegetarian and I've had and worshipped my cat for years.

But - realistically - if I was on the brink of death, with no other possibilities for food, I would indeed kill and eat her. I was expecting more similar answers.

That said most people would think twice if this situation actually occured. Survival instinct and all.

ReputationRep:
    Well if I'm starving to death and my pet is still alive, there must be a source of food. I would just eat that food. Your post is illogical

ReputationRep:
    Probably, although I'd be lax to do so because my moggy doesn't look tasty in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my cat. He thinks he's better than me, looks down his nose at me, the little b******. I'd jump at the chance to wipe that smug smile off his face. "Come here puss, yes that's right I'm holding my electric razor.."

ReputationRep:
    Yes, however our family pets consists of two gerbils, so it'd probably amount to the same amount of meat as two fish fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    There's not much meat or fat on my cat, so it's a no.

If there was another person there however... mmm human chops and mint sauce.
    Where on Earth do you get the mint sauce from? Also, why do you think I don't have any pets?

ReputationRep:
    I just know my cat would definitely try to kill and eat me, so I'd most probably act in self defence and being the bigger, stronger of the two I'd win. I don't think I'd be able to eat her, though until I'm in such a desperate situation I can't really say for sure. I don't think anyone could say with complete certaintly that they would/wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone would. Seriously. If it was a choice between eating your dog and dying, you'd eat your dog.

You wouldn't think it now, but if you were in such a desperate situation, you'd do anything. You'd probably eat your own arm when you finished the dog. There have been cases throughout history proving such facts, particularly grisly ones involving mountain climbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    I've had this argument with my friend a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that you're stranded in a desert with your dog or cat (or whatever pet you have) and you would be starving to death. Would you eat it?

For me it's a no. I would never eat my beloved doggy. :teehee:
    That's what you say now. Have you ever starved for some days? NO! How can you be so sure? And stop that crap of "I love my pet! I would never hurt it!!" Shut up!! If you your pet so much, you should leave it free right NOW!!! In this way, I will see how much you "love" (phony) your pet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    That's what you say now. Have you ever starved for some days? NO! How can you be so sure? And stop that crap of "I love my pet! I would never hurt it!!" Shut up!! If you your pet so much, you should leave it free right NOW!!! In this way, I will see how much you "love" (phony) your pet.
    Oh... wow. You're a waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd like to say most definitely not, I imagine most people would not only resort to eating their pets, but probably their family as well.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely couldn't bring myself to eat my budgies! Anyways they wouldn't be very filling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Oh... wow. You're a waste of space.
    You are just waste. In every aspect of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    You are just waste. In every aspect of it.
    Alright. Sorry, I don't have food for you only, there are more trolls in this forum that still need to be fed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Where on Earth do you get the mint sauce from? Also, why do you think I don't have any pets?
    ... magic.

ReputationRep:
    This thread shows people are too soft and weak to survive in a harsh place and would die out without much effort.

I would kill my pet my teeth if i had to.

Literally take a bite out of it.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    If the question was would you kill and eat your mother it would be a tough one but for a pet definately, without hesitation. Dying or eating some meat is an easy decision. Anyone who says the wouldn't is either a liar or an idiot especially since most of you probably eat meat anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Every single person would. On the brink of death you'd do anything, trust me.

But in the desert the dog would be a valuable companion to keep you from going insane so you wouldn't want to do it until you really had no other choice.

ReputationRep:
    No way. My cats are like my kids, as sad as that sounds. I couldnt do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.