Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite album of all time - pick one! Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalLifeForever)
    I know it is Marina City in Chicago. I've looked up the back story of the album, and watched 'I am trying to break your heart' - their documentary. Fascinating stuff. Guessing you are a fan?
    Excellent work. :holmes:

Yeah I am. And I love Marina City, the architecture is just incredible. And the facilities there are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Excellent work. :holmes:

Yeah I am. And I love Marina City, the architecture is just incredible. And the facilities there are ridiculous.
    I've never been. May just have to go to look it up and say I've been inside the Wilco cover art. But it looks interesting!

You were expecting me to call it Yankee Hotel (Foxtrot), obviously.

ReputationRep:
    A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
    by Panic! at the Disco

OMG this album is the best. it has so many good songs and it all fits togethers so well like a story. makes me so good whenever i listen to it!!

some weird videos tho, if anyone can tell me the significance of the clown people, i would be truly in your debt

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the hardest questions I am going to answer!

The album with my favourite songs on is The Smiths by The Smiths but it is inconsistent (there are some tracks that I dont like):

Total Life Forever by Foals is my favourite consistent album:

My favourite album

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    DJ Shadow - ..Endtroducing
    I prefer The Private Press to be honest

For me It's The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Hmm appetite for destruction by gnr
    Not a bad song on it. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

One of the greatest things ever created by mankind... and the great thing is, lots of famous musicians agree with me! Hooray, my opinion is valid
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalLifeForever)
    I've never been. May just have to go to look it up and say I've been inside the Wilco cover art. But it looks interesting!

You were expecting me to call it Yankee Hotel (Foxtrot), obviously.
    Haha, not at all. I just don't know of many people who have been to or know anything about Chicago. Most have been to NY or Florida. I've been to Chicago a few times (family live there) and absolutely love the complex. But then again, most the buildings on the river are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

One of the greatest things ever created by mankind... and the great thing is, lots of famous musicians agree with me! Hooray, my opinion is valid
    Very good sir.

ReputationRep:

I am positively worried no one has mentioned this by now!!! :-/

Nevermind-- Nirvana !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    This. There's a reason why it's the best selling album of all time. The King of Pop was at his best during the Thriller era.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

closely followed by Closer by Joy Division.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I guess it's Revolver or Bringing It All Back Home.

ReputationRep:
    Funeral by Arcade Fire

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Easily The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars!!! Bowie is one of the most amazing artists ever, strong vocals, great songs and one of the first artists to do the whole crazy alter ego thing, ahh Ziggy Stardust, what a sexpot

ReputationRep:

OR

ReputationRep:
    Rubber Soul.
    I just love it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.