Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls with male doctors/gynecologist... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Why?
    You already know.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I can understand some apprehension to male gynaecologists wouldn't that be seen as unimportant when you think about how they are there to check your health?

ReputationRep:
    See I've always felt that if I needed such an examination as a guy then I'd want a female doctor, much less awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    How is it even possible to **** off to posts on TSR?!?
    He does it often, asks him again. He is busy doing it right now.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Are you afraid of what a male doctor might do? Anyway, if she touches you there, do you feel uncomfortable? Would you feel uncomfortable if a male touched you there?
    Has anyone ever told you your a bit of a voyeuristic pervert?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Lesbian.

Really? That's utterly pathetic if it's true!
    Are you trying to use a sexuality identity as an insult?:eek: Does it really matter if she is lesbian and likes being felt up by female doctors.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Male or female, either way I don't care.

They're medical professionals, to imply they're abusing their power is insulting and hopeless hyperbole.

ReputationRep:
    You already know.:rolleyes:
    I actually don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    ^ I hate people like this.
    Why would a gynecologist feel the need to feel a vag up?
    His job is to look at minges all day, everyday.
    I'm sure male gynos get as excited over that, as we get over toothpaste.
    This. How sceptical can one get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    See I've always felt that if I needed such an examination as a guy then I'd want a female doctor, much less awkward.
    You kidding, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Male or female, either way I don't care.

They're medical professionals, to imply they're abusing their power is insulting and hopeless hyperbole.
    I'm not implying that all of them do that but neither denying that any of them do that. Let's be realistic. Power corrupts. And that's a fact.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so stupid about it. They're not there to 'feel you up', just to check that you're ok. It's just their job to have a look at your vagina. Seriously, get over it.

And whoever said that there needs to be a female chaperone... well I'm pretty sure that this is also wrong. So, so wrong.

Grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    If any of you had ever done a gynaecology or urology job, you'd understand just how unsexy it really is. Tbh the OP's questions sound far more creepy than any gynae examination.

As for a chaperone, it is GMC guidance that one should be offered, but it's not an absolute requirement as some patients may not want one, and it may not always be practical/safe.

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying to use a sexuality identity as an insult?:eek: Does it really matter if she is lesbian and likes being felt up by female doctors.:rolleyes:
    i am not a lesbian and i don't like being touched there by strangers even if they are doctors, but i get your point.

ReputationRep:
    If you're afraid a male doctor is perving on you, what if I put the thought into your head that all female doctors are lesbians? :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Has anyone ever told you your a bit of a voyeuristic pervert?
    Seeing your posts on other threads I see I will not reach your level of deviance. But thanks for your words.

I agree. How could you even tell he was feeling you up if he had to examine you? Unless he was being really obvious about it, and there's no way he'd be able to get away with that, chaperone present or not. I can understand why people might feel uncomfortable with having a strange man poking around down there, but anyone who is afraid of being abused by him is just being paranoid and ridiculous, imo.

OP is clearly an idiot, though. Piss poor writing style aside, he negged me for my first post for no discernible reason.

ReputationRep:
      This thread = :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      I don't really care if my doctor (or nurse) is male or female. Working in a hospital and handling peoples' junk every day (to wash, dress wounds, apply cream, check/remove catheters, etc) has showed me how little healthcare professionals really care about your naughty bits; they see it every day.

ReputationRep:
      Mine is a male, and he's really professional and puts me at ease. If anyone feels uncomfortable though, they always have the right to change who looks at them.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.