Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yellow! I loved the music that played whenever Gary (or whatever his name was, the rival) came into the game.

ReputationRep:
    :pika::pika::pika::pika::pika:

ReputationRep:
    Blue!
    I miss my level 100 Bulbasaur

ReputationRep:
    SoulSilver <3

ReputationRep:
    GOLD!!!!!!!

Or Red!

ReputationRep:
    soulsilver <3!

i just find lugia more useful than ho-oh - hell, i still have not even bothered catching the ho-oh on my game yet ;(

as for the other ds games,
    platinum is alright, but diamond...i didn't like that so much (even if it's just the older version of platinum) ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Oh my gosh, I remember the pain of that!
    lol, i remember that. You either needed to learn quick attack or train up a caterpie!

so soul silver or platium???

what about
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Darkness
    or
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Pokemon Soul Silver.

You'll generally enjoy it more than Heart Gold.
    I have Soul Silver, just wondering why it's any better then Heart Gold?

But OP I'll say Soul Silver is quite fun, I'm playing it through for the first time because a friend is a bit pokemon obsessed and wants to battle with me, then I've been informed I have to purchase pokemon black when it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a Gameboy ADvance/Color, go for Gold! It's awesome

ReputationRep:
    Red, Blue and Yellow. Generation 1 is the greatest generation. The sheer impact it had on the world was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a DSi for the sole reason that SoulSilver and HeartGold had been released.... I now eagerly await Black and White.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I have Soul Silver, just wondering why it's any better then Heart Gold?

But OP I'll say Soul Silver is quite fun, I'm playing it through for the first time because a friend is a bit pokemon obsessed and wants to battle with me, then I've been informed I have to purchase pokemon black when it comes out.
    I think that the Pokemon on it are better, and finding Lugia first is quite an advantage (although I do generally prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh, so it might just be a personal preference there)

and I cannot wait for Pokemon Black! Finally, some new Pokemon to test out.

ReputationRep:
    and I cannot wait for Pokemon Black! Finally, some new Pokemon to test out.
    aye she showed me them, some look ok but some seem ridiculous haha, one looks like an ice cream cone, then evolves into a twin cone, with little smiles on each cone. It's ice type if you didn't guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Scotsman)
    lol, i remember that. You either needed to learn quick attack or train up a caterpie!
    Butterfree's Confusion made it all worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    aye she showed me them, some look ok but some seem ridiculous haha, one looks like an ice cream cone, then evolves into a twin cone, with little smiles on each cone. It's ice type if you didn't guess.
    Haha, the new combinations are pretty interesting in the types though. For example, dragon/electric, and fire/psychic - they should be pretty awesome for battles.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend Yellow for a PokeNovice, that game was a ******* for my six year old self. Taking on brock with a pikachu, brill.

rape onix's accuracy with pikachu's double team and you're golden.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the new combinations are pretty interesting in the types though. For example, dragon/electric, and fire/psychic - they should be pretty awesome for battles.
    THE THUNDER BUG IS MINE! ALL MINE! My two fave types!

ReputationRep:
    Lol ALL THE POKEMON GAMES ARE THE SAME. Just a couple of new Pokemon :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.