Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys cockblock when a guy of another race tries it with girl of their race watch

ReputationRep:
    Not a sociology/psychology expert, but I'm gonna wade in here with my two cents anyway. I reckon it comes from a part of the brain that's still cave-man like - if you saw a man from another tribe come in and try to mate with your tribe's women, you'd try and stop him, right? It's gotta be something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    White girls don't like Oriental guys in general :sad:.
    I've seen some white girls with oriental guys.

I just assume it's cause their rich.

But there is a small chance that they're actually attracted to these guys :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I must be living in different times, first time hearing the term cockblock.

My gf is of different race than me, I can't recall anyone trying to do that, in fact most blokes of her race kept on being annoying pricks by continuously setting us up or trying to make it happen.

Anyway being part Indian and Chinese, I would never prevent a girl from either of the race from being pursued by someone of a different race.

ReputationRep:
    White men seem to do it the most in my experience.

Turkish men too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Source?
    Most people marry within their own ethnicity. How is that not apparent to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyPrettyThing)
    Not a sociology/psychology expert, but I'm gonna wade in here with my two cents anyway. I reckon it comes from a part of the brain that's still cave-man like - if you saw a man from another tribe come in and try to mate with your tribe's women, you'd try and stop him, right? It's gotta be something like that.
    Maybe - but 'British' people are such a large tribe nowadays that you probably wouldn't immediately be able to identify a pale-skinned Frenchman from Pas-de-Calais within a group of Britons until he opened his mouth (at which point it may be too late to perform a cockblock).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    White men seem to do it the most in my experience.

Turkish men too.
    What about Saudi men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Racist!
    Not particularly!
    It just seems like there is a certain sector of black men and women who will frown upon members of their race (even worse if they're attractive members) being 'scouted' by those of different ethnicities.

ReputationRep:
    Source?
    I'm not sure about the 'would not' part. But most African and Asian males in the UK do not marry non-African or non-Asian women (in terms of ethnicity). I'm sure there are statistics from a government bureau that validate this (from 2001 anyway and possibly 2008).

Regarding whether or not they would or would not be prepared to, for example, date/marry a British female - I think the easiest way to find out percentages would be to either conduct a nationwide survey, or to visit a number of dating sites (e.g. match.com, shaadi.com) and see the percentage of times that African male and Asian male users would be prepared to date/marry females of a non-African or non-Asian ethnic group respectively.

I'm not aware of what proportion of African males and Asian males use dating sites though - so the preferences listed there may not be representative of the entire group and may not necessarily be extrapolated reliably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    What about Saudi men?
    Never met one :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Lol this is true, especially amongst Asians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Not particularly!
    It just seems like there is a certain sector of black men and women who will frown upon members of their race (even worse if they're attractive members) being 'scouted' by those of different ethnicities.
    I disagree. From MY observation, black guys do not usually care. As a lot, like myself, are attracted to most races, so we don't really see it as a loss.

Perhaps it's time you left the projects

ReputationRep:
    I've never experienced this, was not aware this happens.

ReputationRep:
    That's not the same as saying most Asian and African men would not date a British woman.

Yes it is. Generally speaking, the feminine ideal in Asian and African societies is not a British woman.

Hang, is it even in Europe? :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I disagree. From MY observation, black guys do not usually care. As a lot, like myself, are attracted to most races, so we don't really see it as a loss.

Perhaps it's time you left the projects
    Perhaps. Need to bide my time before I can leave the hamster wheel of the poverty cycle first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Perhaps. Need to bide my time before I can leave the hamster wheel of the poverty cycle first.
    Don't worry I know where you're coming from, I'm in the same position.

ReputationRep:
    Their manhood is at stake? I'm not really sure... Why do you care? Are you having some problems getting the right attention?

"It's called Diversity."

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what this is about but just to clarify: Not all guys are *******s :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nativeLondoner)
    Racemixing of any sort ideally should not happen. Protecting our women from the depravity of the majority of black/asian men is the responsible thing to do.
    Want to explain why? I've dated men of different races, why would that be a problem? Race mixing is actually healthy, as the genes of the offspring are less likely to be close and therefore, reduces the risk if genetic illnesses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.