Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christmas day on my own, what to do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia14)
    Jeez why is everyone else on this thread so cynical!!

If I were you I'd call round all my friends and ask if anyone would mind you joining them for Xmas day. Otherwise i reckon i would go an have a really nice meal at a restaurant so I didn't have to cook all on my own!

Too bad you can't get home
    Ta, unfortunately my relations (who would be willing to have me) are too far away to enable me to get back on Boxing day morning in time for the flight I now have to catch.

Just found out one of my friends is also stranded trying to get home so we may well end up having a roast and a good old piss up at my flat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having christmas on christmas eve because my families going on holiday... without me.

So christmas day will be sat in front of the telly, eating chocolates and probably some revision. I'm quite looking forward to it, you should too!

You'll still get your christmas don't worry, it'll just be slightly later than planned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    It's only christmas. No big deal just do what you would do any other day.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Skype? =P That'd be a Christmas to remember

ReputationRep:
    Reload this song over and over whilst playing games. You'll forget that it's Christmas day and think it's just a bank holiday or something.

Sexually abuse Santa........................... ....and his reindeer.

ReputationRep:
      We're not sure we're going to get my brother home for christmas, so our plan is to skype video call him on xmas morning, so he can be sat around the tree with us :p:
      Might be nice if you could do that, just so you get to 'see' them on christmas morning? Or get yourself a marks and sparks meal and skype them whilst they have christams dinner so you can join in the conversation?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Addzter)
      Put on Celine Dion's All By Myself on full blast while you eat your Christmas dinner, choking back tears and turkey stuffing. Or, try your best to crack one out to the Queen's Speech.
      :suith: I love this guy. I really really do.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by looking)
      :suith: I love this guy. I really really do.
      As long as it's no homo, that's totally fine with me, <33333333 ;&heartzzz

ReputationRep:
      ...naked Christmas!

ReputationRep:
      Exactly the same - at Gatwick for the 24th and 25th and leaving on the 26th : )

I managed to get a friend of mine on the same flights so we'll be flying together. It was kind of a "last minute" thing.

In any case - my plan was - meet some people at the airport, make friends and spend Christmas together? Play cards, games or whatever : )

Meeting strangers in 80% is so much fun !
      I'll actually do the same - eventhough ill be with a friend. The more the merrier : )

and I'll get regular picture and video updates from home and the dinner <3

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jingers)
      Reload this song over and over whilst playing games. You'll forget that it's Christmas day and think it's just a bank holiday or something.

What a **** song.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      I think if I was alone for Christmas I'd probably give up my time and volunteer somewhere, as spending it alone would be too depressing - normally Christmas is pretty much the best day of the year so I'd hate to be alone completely, so might as well do some good and help out at a soup kitchen or some such thing.

ReputationRep:
      Christmas TV is always pretty good.

ReputationRep:
      I'm sure there are ways to get back if you really want to... can help if you want? Probably won't be cheap though.

ReputationRep:
      At least you have a family. Some people have no one.

ReputationRep:
      You can buy one of those m&s christmas dinner for one meals.

(cue violins playing a sad background tune)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DannyBoy123)
      Due to a combination of freezing weather and monumental incompetence on the part of BAA I am now faced with the prospect of spending Christmas day on my own (flight out of LHR cancelled, next earliest available one is Boxing Day).

I am in London, but not sure what to do with myself so please give me your suggestions (preferably something that doesn't involve me with a bottle whiskey, hurling cynical abuse out of the window at innocent passers by which is as far as I've got with my current plans).

Ta.
      This made me so sad I hate thinking of people by themselves for Christmas day. Why don't you buy an extra load of presents for your family and spend Christmas day wrapping them? Might get you in the Christmas spirit a little more or why not volunteer at a homeless shelter? My friend did it last year and she said it was so rewarding, she's doing it again this year

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Liam 09)
      The idea of acting Scrouge-like as you said there seems alright :P
      Honestly Christmas is family time so I'm not sure what you could do apart from finding a friend and his family who would have you round.
      Or you could go volunteer at a homeless shelter or something, really get in the giving mood!
      STOP Putting everyone down with your sarcastic comments and get a life

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.