Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Americans on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Thanks! Tbh, I didn't expect an offer from UCL. AT ALL. So, major shocker. But I'm slightly more swayed to Edinburgh, as well. Cleaner city, I think. I'll be visiting in Feb. though, so we'll see!
    I've got friends at both UCL and Edinburgh, they're not on TSR, but if there is anything you want to know I'm sure they'd be happy for me to put you in touch with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    You can always pos rep me you know
    I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    I've got friends at both UCL and Edinburgh, they're not on TSR, but if there is anything you want to know I'm sure they'd be happy for me to put you in touch with them.
    I'd like that a lot! I have to get off the computer now (driving up to DC) but if you could PM me their usernames or vice versa, I'd surely appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    I hate burgers. In fact, all forms of fast food. :boring: Gotta love stereotypes!
    typical lying yank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Sadly, yes.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    typical lying yank
    Oh, you're right. We're all terribly obese and ignorant, just like all Brits only drink tea, speak the Queen's english, and have terrible teeth. :rolleyes:

Generalizing is a double-edged sword, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Meee. I'm studying abroad at UEA this semester. (I leave in a couple weeks!) A couple of my friends have studied abroad in the U.K./Ireland and so far, they've all told me school abroad is significantly easier. I have a hard time believing that, but if anyone wants to weigh in on it, be my guest. I'd love to know.

ReputationRep:
    Nice EstaticMuse

Heh, typical yank here. I wanted to chime in here as I am American too. I really like that TSR is open to all people who have the common interest in education and those willing to share wisdom and insight for that and many other topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    Im an American I havent even been to england
    united kingdom

ReputationRep:
    Just raising my hand as an American. I'll be at Durham next year, unless something major happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphaeta08)
    Just raising my hand as an American. I'll be at Durham next year, unless something major happens!
    Congrats on the Durham offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    :wavey:

well techincally i'm not american, well i am, but i'm also not. (don't worry, i confuse myself at times).

I was born in britain, to an english dad and american mom, and i have dual uk-us citizenship.

We moved here to the states when i was 13, so as i have us citizenship, i'm classified as american here in the usa. When i'm in the uk, i'm british.

Thus i am both american and british.

yoo took owr jawbs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    yoo took owr jawbs!
    Haha.. that episode of South Park was funny!

American here too, applying for postgrad. :}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    xx
    Yes. That is the most awesome thing ever. + rep for it, in fact.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the Durham offer!
    Thanks! I'm just waiting on a Cambridge rejection, which will make it really easy to make the final decision. I'd say "you too," but I don't know if you're waiting on/already have offers!

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this thread a bit late. :p:
    American here going to UK next year. So stoked! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebracolors)
    I really like that TSR is open to all people who have the common interest in education and those willing to share wisdom and insight for that and many other topics.
    You've not spent much time on TSR, have you? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    American here. Studied in the UK earlier this year, will be back next September for postgrad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLG11)
    American here. Studied in the UK earlier this year, will be back next September for postgrad.
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue monday)
    How was it?
    It was great, I really enjoyed it. Are you studying over there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.