Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

bi girlfriend, am i overeacting? Watch

(Original post by Gabbycat_Almighty)
    Ah, I misread post #9 - I thought it said he'd sent the text, not her.
    My point still stands thought - he should talk to her about it.
    i definitely will, ive had chats with her before about it and she always says she wants to be with me and she just wants an experience with a girl with me there. ive always said i dont want that, i just want to know she is mine.

the weird thing is she always says she would like to see me with another girl. when we were out a few weeks ago a girl started talking to me and our friends and she backed off cos she liked seeing a girl talking to me (which i find very strange indeed). she used to be in an open relationship with a man before we started going out, so she has some very odd ideas about relationships.

we are going away for a couple of nights tomorrow, so this has come along at a bad time, but ive gotta say something definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i definitely will, ive had chats with her before about it and she always says she wants to be with me and she just wants an experience with a girl with me there. ive always said i dont want that, i just want to know she is mine.

the weird thing is she always says she would like to see me with another girl. when we were out a few weeks ago a girl started talking to me and our friends and she backed off cos she liked seeing a girl talking to me (which i find very strange indeed). she used to be in an open relationship with a man before we started going out, so she has some very odd ideas about relationships.

we are going away for a couple of nights tomorrow, so this has come along at a bad time, but ive gotta say something definitely.
    Ah. That kind of makes it more difficult then, as I was going to suggest you use the whole "well you wouldn't like it if I said I 'just wanted an experience' with another girl" angle, to try and get your point across. Hmm.
    Fair enough she had an open relationship before, but I'm assuming that her relationship with you *isn't* an open relationship...I guess you just need to make it clear that your boundaries are different to whoever it was that she was in an open relationship with, and if she doesn't want to upset you hopefully she'll respect that! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Young naive bisexuality is so pathetic. Where do "bisexuals" like your girlfriend get the impression that talking about that kind of stuff in front of their partner is appropriate?

I really do think young people need to stop watching American Pie e.g "OMG look how hot and controversial i am, im being attracted to girls for like ten minutes, and my bf thinks its totally hot".

ReputationRep:
    You're not overreacting. What if you said to her you'd like to sleep with a different woman?

ReputationRep:
    Quite hilarious how SOME guys are saying they're envious.

It's really not a fun position to be in.

I myself (being a lesbian), have had girlfriends who are bisexual - and all have messed me about. I'm not stereotyping bisexuals at all, just sharing my experience. Just be careful - don't let her "pull the wool over your eyes" as the saying goes.

You're right, it IS disrespectful what she is doing, but if you keep getting cross it's only going to push her away, you'll need to get a balance.

If you're in a mahogamous (excuse spelling) relationship, threesomes are a no-no anyway, tell her you really don't like the idea of it.

Trust is the key feature in a relationship.
    How'd she like it if you were bi & were meeting up with a bloke a lot of the time, looking at photo of them that you think were "hot"?

Hope you're alright.

ReputationRep:
    I am a bisexual woman and I find her behaviour incredibly rude and immature. I have been in a relationship with a man where I had permission to sleep with women, and in those where I have not. The key in either case has always been trust and communication, I think this is what you need with your girlfriend. If you wish for her not to see other women then you need to make this clear to her. I hope it goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    You should be thankful that she's being honest with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have been with my girlfriend for 8 months. she is bisexual, and i knew this a few months before we started going out. but she has always said she only wants to be with a girl for some fun and would only ever have a relationship with a man.

she says she would like to have an experience with a woman and that she only wants it once and she wants me to be there too.

however there is a mutual friend who she meets up with who we have known for years. she looks quite manly and acts it too, i actually find her really immature and annoying. well my gf meets up with her sometimes for drinks, they always end up getting smashed. this girl has a boyfriend but has been saying to my gf she would be tempted by a girl sometime.

do you think i am overreacting?
    No, I don’t think you’re overreacting but it is a tough situation you’re in. The question that popped into my mind was could the other girl be trying to arrange a threesome for her bf?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.