Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The very best sleep system for humans! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've found that my optimum amount of sleep is around 4-6 hours. Any more than that, and I start to get headaches and feel lethargic. Also, naps give me headaches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaargh)
    Apparently the polyphasic messes with your brain though. Makes you really good at menial repetitive stuff and terrible at creativity or learning.
    That depends who you ask though. Very little proper sciency stuff has actually been done on it.
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaargh)
    Sleeping twice in the day; one 90 minute nap, one 4 hr 30 minute sleep, both a few hours apart.
    I have a mate who (sort of) does this every day and it seems to work for him. He has about 5 hours sleep and gets up at 4am. Then, at around 11-12am he comes home and has a nap for between 30mins and an hour.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/3932344/40...timizing-Sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperatore)
    I've slept for 3, maybe 4 hours max every night for a good 8 years now (from when my bedtime was no longer determined by my parents :p:).

Usually sleep at about 3-4am, wake up at 7. I feel fine, I'm used to it. Never liked sleeping much any way, feels like such a waste of time...I hate how the human body is so inefficient...we basically have to charge our batteries almost for as long as we want it to work. Can you imagine charging your laptop for 10 hours to get 10 hours of battery life from it? My MP3 player receives an hour's charge in one minute. Now that's efficiency :yep:

No time to waste, time is money!
    I'm very interested in this. How did you start? Was it difficult in the beginning to wake up after such little sleep? How is your concentration, and ability to work (particularly doing 'boring' academic study) during the day affected? Do you ever nap, or require caffeine during the day?

I would really like to get into a less-sleep routine. I hear of people working 3 jobs and sleeping 4 or 5 hours and getting things done. That deserves alot of respect imo when here's me sleeping my days away.

ReputationRep:
    7-8 hour sleep and im good...erghh i dont really bother with naps i just feel all groggy and tired after i wake up from one

ReputationRep:
    Sex, 8 hours of sleep, then morning sex.

Gotta win.

ReputationRep:
    If I allow myself to sleep freely and set no alarms, I sleep for about 10 hours most of the time (give or take a couple). I think there's something wrong with me though! :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    It is when you wake up then you should get up even if you feel tired still (but assuming you didn't wake because of some sudden noise then probably you will be awake when you wake up).

ReputationRep:
    :ta:

It was quite helpful.

+ rep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.