Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is love worth fighting for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeh i'm a bit confused as to what you mean..... did you mean you should fight for it?
    Thats the thing, if its really love you shouldnt need to fight for it or fight over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Thats the thing, if its really love you shouldnt need to fight for it or fight over it
    Repped.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO no...

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're fighting against?

(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    i disagree, in fairytales things are always perfect...but this is the real world. relationships are difficult.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yes, love is worth fighting for. But, unrequited love isn't.

There's nothing worse than fighting a losing battle by loving someone who doesn't love you enough to fight for you.
    This

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    True love is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Yeah it is.
    Didn't have you down as a ******. :sly:

I've never been in love, so no. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Is it foolish to forsake everything, give every amount of effort, go through anything for love?

I mean. what's the point of love if it's easy?

Would you risk everything, scars, burns, anything to be with someone you loved?
    If its not worth fighting for, its not love.

Sometimes you do need to fight for love, we don't live in a fairy tail. **** happens, arguments happen, if its love you will get through it in the end.
    Even the closest of couples know that.

I know I'd do anything for my loved one. Even when she's pissed me right off.

ReputationRep:
    Now everyday ain't gon' be no picnic, love aint a walk in the park. All you can do is make the best of it now. Can't be afraid of the dark.

Anything that's worth having is sure enough worth fighting for. Quitting's out of the question. When it gets tough, gotta fight some more.

We gotta fight for this love!

ReputationRep:
    i disagree, in fairytales things are always perfect...but this is the real world. relationships are difficult.

THIS. People can be insecure, moody, needy, manipulative (i mean pretty much everyone is going to be at least one of these things at some point) and they can make mistakes. And if you really love someone you don't just give up when things get a bit difficult.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you're fighting for the person you love to love you back, then it's not.
    If you're fighting against the odds to be with the person that loves you back, then yes.

Love is win.

ReputationRep:
    Always

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. I don't think you should ever sacrifice your future for somebody because no matter how much you think you love somebody, it might not last....for a number of reasons.

Also, anybody worth loving would never ask you to sacrifice your dreams for them.

ReputationRep:
    nop, unless bored or nothing 2 do

ReputationRep:
    I'd fight to still be with my husband no matter what, but I wouldn't fight to save our relationship if he'd done something terrible (i.e cheated on me). But I also disagree that love and relationships are hard work. Yes sure you have occasional arguments, but that's not hard work. Being in my relationship is easy as anything, unquestionable. It's like being with your best mate and I don't have to fight or put in hard work to be with my mates.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if both of you love each other back.
    But if you're the only one who loves her and she doesn't feel the same, then it's not worth it.

I'll do anything, whatever it is just to be with my partner.
    Even if i have to cross the ocean for him..

(Jk, dont wanna get stung by jellyfishes and be eaten by sharks :mmm: )
    It's my other way of saying i'll do anything just for him.

ReputationRep:
    Personally. No. I'm not big on the soppy stuff. I'm a bot emotionally dead tbh.

I can understand why people would see it as something worth the effort.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.