Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Bank Telephone Interview Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caz!)
    Hey I've got the assessment day for customer services role this week. Do they ask the same questions that you had in the telephone interview or is it completely different ones? I'm quite nervous about the roleplay part of it too scared I mess it up!
    It is more or less the same questions - but they make you very relaxed and it just sort of flows in to a natural conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed then I hear by end of week this is my 12th working day. Best of luck let me know if you hear x

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to work for Tesco?

^^ Stupid question. I don't want to work for Tesco, I would rather do such and such but there you go... such is life.

ReputationRep:
    Everyones different I guess need to work to pay the bills and there are other people on here waiting to hear too so good to come to forum for info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimboodee2)
    Fingers crossed then I hear by end of week this is my 12th working day. Best of luck let me know if you hear x
    I am round about the same - it's murder waiting this long!

I've been unable to wait and have been applying for others and have a few more interviews lined up.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with ur interviews

ReputationRep:
    anyhow, i went for my interview on 21st or 22nd jan and still not been told. they did email me a couple of weeks ago saying that im still in consideration for the role but they are still going through the details from the assessment centre.

spoke to someone i know that works for tesco and they advised me they don't have enough people to start the training yet and thats why they arent committed to telling anyone before the start training days are confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Has anyone been to a tesco bank assessment centre?

I'm looking for some help can anyone remember any of the questions from the interview?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    the questions are very similar to that of the telephone interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookingtospring)
    I called them to chase yesterday and she said they'd been inundated with calls chasing. She said that the Glasgow office haven't passed any info on to them yet and that they hoped to be letting folk know by the end of the week. However I kinda felt she was just telling me that to get me off the phone.
    My 10 working days was up a few days ago.

What number did u call 2 chase them up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caz!)
    Hey I've got the assessment day for customer services role this week. Do they ask the same questions that you had in the telephone interview or is it completely different ones? I'm quite nervous about the roleplay part of it too scared I mess it up!
    Hi

How did you get on at the assessment centre? I have mine coming up soon and I'm really nervous about the role play and the interview questions.

Can you give me any pointers or advice please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by double69dee)
    what number did u call 2 chase them up?
    0845 3000 799

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SumTingWong)
    I can't remember the fourth but the other three questions were:

1. Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional service to a customer.

2. Tell us about a time when you had to work towards a target or targets.

3. Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Morning,

Does anyone know what the fourth question is?

Anyone who has went through this recently know if there is any additional questions etc.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I've got the telephone interview in the next hour!!! OMG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konditorei)
    I've got the telephone interview in the next hour!!! OMG!
    How did it go? What were you asked?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back from tesco about their interview yet? i went for an interview in feb, i have had a few emails from them advising a delay in letting me know but heard nothing in 4 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I just completed a telephone interview with Tesco Bank last night and got a call today to say that I have been brought forward for an assessment centre on Wednesday evening. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about the assessment centre? I have done similar things to the job in the past so I'm sure I have the rights skills but I don't want to be cut out by something silly that will catch me off guard.

For anyone who is still waiting on a telephone interview these are the questions I was asked, there were only 3 and based on customer focus, drive and teamwork.

CUSTOMER FOCUS - describe to me a time when you have had to get to know a customer's personal circumstances very quickly and how you did this. After I had chosen one, he asked me follow up questions like what did you have to do, how did the customer feel at the start and what did you do about it, how did you follow up the encounter.

DRIVE - describe to me a time when you had to work to a specific target. again, he asked follow up questions such as was it financial, did you feel like you were struggling at any time, how did you adapt your approach.

TEAMWORK - describe to me a time where team-work has been vital for you to complete a task. Again with the follow up questions such as what did you do amongst the team to ensure success, what were your main barriers to overcome.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i just recieved a voice mail message from tesco bank, i applied a while ago and have even forgotten i applied, cant even remember the role anymore. please can someone give me their contact number to call them back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pattyblaize)
    hi, i just recieved a voice mail message from tesco bank, i applied a while ago and have even forgotten i applied, cant even remember the role anymore. please can someone give me their contact number to call them back?
    0845 272 2211, is this the one in Glasgow you applied for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.