The Student Room Group

How would you feel if your dad told you everything people bought you for Christmas

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd get the hell over it because a) I'm not a child and b) you're lucky you're even getting presents, it's a privilege not a right. It's pretty ridiculous to be upset because you found out how your loved ones have planned to show their affection for you. Be happy babe.

I don't know how old you are, but getting excited over the 'surprise' of Christmas presents died when I stopped believing in Santa.
I would be gutted because I love Christmas (not just for the presents!) and I think the excitement of opening your gifts/watching others open theirs is amazing. I could actually imagine something like this happening in my family though, as some of the older members don't think of Christmas as a big deal or say it's for children (not true at all) and just complain about the expense/effort. If someone is giving you a gift they should be doing it because they want to, not because they are going through the motions or doing what is expected. When I have my own children, I will not be like this! I think the surprises you give to your family and friends indicates how well you know them however a lot of my family are rubbish at choosing surprise presents, mainly due to a lack of effort whereas I could easily think of at least one good present for everyone. From what you've written though it sounds like you were asking about your presents. I've learnt not to do this as it seems like noone is capable of keeping secrets in my family.

The idea that being excited about your christmas presents is childish or means you're spoilt really annoys me. Why shouldn't someone enjoy Christmas just because they no longer believe in Santa? Christmas isn't just for children!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
I wouldn't care, Christmas hasn't been a big deal since I was 13.

I find out what my presents are before I receive them as people tend to ask what I want.
I'd be pissed that I even got presents.
Reply 24
stop getting so sensitive, you know how many people in the world don't get presents? and that isn't all because their religion ignores christmas, but it's because some people simply cannot AFFORD these gifts. So be grateful, hoe.
Original post by Pink Bullets
Maybe if I was 10. Do you seriously still get all excited about opening Christmas presents?

haha this. why don't you go and cry about it man?
oh i forgot you are.
grow the hell up man.
He brought you the things, as did other people. He brought stuff for you, with his money.
So be grateful and stop acting like a spoilt brat.

Jesus!
Reply 27
Yea, I'd be annoyed. I love Christmas, I love the surprises. My parents still make me a stocking every Christmas & when I have a family I'm going to make sure everyone in the house has a stocking too.

Just because you get older doesn't mean Christmas has to be any less magical.

To be honest I couldn't really care less what I get. The most fun part is the giving & receiving - seeing peoples reactions when they discover what you've bought them. He's being selfish & depriving them of that moment, he really should think more before he does stuff it seems.

If all gifts were about was giving people something then you may as well just give everyone money. How boring would that be!
(edited 13 years ago)
i'd be a bit miffed, but meh what can you do
Original post by Ewan
Yea, I'd be annoyed. I love Christmas, I love the surprises. My parents still make me a stocking every Christmas & when I have a family I'm going to make sure everyone in the house has a stocking too.

Just because you get older doesn't mean Christmas has to be any less magical.

To be honest I couldn't really care less what I get. The most fun part is the giving & receiving - seeing peoples reactions when they discover what you've bought them. He's being selfish & depriving them of that moment, he really should think more before he does stuff it seems.

If all gifts were about was giving people something then you may as well just give everyone money. How boring would that be!

:bumps::clap2::cheers::five::grouphugs::happy2::hugs::jumphug::party::shakehand::thumbsup::woo::yeah::yes::yep::youbetcha:

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending