Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

9/11 Conspiracy theory. What do you think? Watch

• View Poll Results: What happened on 9/11?
    An inside job by the US government. The US carried out the attacks intentionally for alterior motives.
    42.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    hm, i dont honestly know because i have never looked in any great depth into each argument for and against, until then i will base my judgement on the fact that i hope a government could never kill so many of its own people and that it would possibly be difficult to get people to hijack the plane and then kill themselves(although its possible soem us person could be in contact with suicide bombers to give them some help i guess)
    as it is i dont think anyone will ever learn the truth, not unless Wikileaks has something interesting on it...
    New question, what would happen to america if it was revealed that 9/11 was from the us government?
    OOO please start that thread!

I don't wanna steal your thunder ... :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    OOO please start that thread!

I don't wanna steal your thunder ... :L
    done enjoy

ReputationRep:
    I always find it interesting how the irregularities of the way in which the buildings fell are pointed out not by structural engineers or top industry experts, but by hippies and teenagers that want to be angry about something. If it were a conspiracy, do you not think that given the MASSIVE public interest some substantial evidence would have been uncovered by now? A person could make billions cashing in on a story like that! :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Total bull****. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    Total bull****. End of.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    An amazing article Debunking the 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Done by you know, actual engineers and scientists.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people in 2010 still talk about that Loose Change bull****.
    1.: Here is a site that debunks the lies and distortions in Loose Change: http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
    2.: Did you know that when the guys started writing the film, it was supposed to be fiction movie about the US Government orchestrating 9/11, but they got so wind up in their plot, that they started to believe it and decided to change it to a documentary? What a bunch of loosers.
    3.: The collapse of the twin towers is one of the most extensively studied building collapses in engineering history. So far I haven't seen a scientific attack on the official NIST report that scientificly explained how the towers collapsed. I bet 99% of conspiracy theorists haven't even read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I think we should have more respect for the victims of 9//11 and let them R.I.P.

Those who died will never be forgotten.
    x
    Can you relate this to the topic of the thread? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter_mute)
    An amazing article Debunking the 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Done by you know, actual engineers and scientists.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842
    An absolute shedload of scientists and engineers decided against the findings.

Plenty of experts came out saying things didn't add up. That's what makes this conspiracy theory so interesting.

And any crazy conspiracy theorist will say "ahh but those experts were under duress by the government to find the government-approved results" lol.

ReputationRep:
    An absolute shedload of scientists and engineers decided against the findings.

Plenty of experts came out saying things didn't add up. That's what makes this conspiracy theory so interesting.
    But more often than not, the people who come out in favour of the conspiracy are experts in a completely different field!

Conspiracy theories are a bit of interest of mine, or rather the study of group paranoia.

There's an excellent video of Dylan Avery (the dude who did loose change) on CBC's the hour and basically stammers for 5 minutes when he's asked if the buildings were rigged with explosions, what happened to the passengers? I'll try and find it.

In the mean time here's Alan Moore (the dude who wrote Watchmen and V for Vendetta amongst others) take on the whole thing:

ReputationRep:
    Oh YouTube comments... you so funny.
    u guys are so dumb terrorists dident do 9/11? it whas ur president who did it so that amerika had a reson to attack irak for their oil dumbasses

ReputationRep:
    The questions about the third tower haven't been answered. That is the only thing that makes me think it was an inside job. Almost 10 years and there's been no answer to why a building otherwise unaffected by the planes completely collapsed in a demolition fashion. Also the fact that it was a headquarters for the CIA is extremely fishy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    You really think its hard to make up the 'facts' that these concpiracy theorist make up?

Even if the governent did do it, just think of how many people would be needed to be involved, you think they all would want 3,000 people dead?, think how would you be able to live with knowing that you killed 3,000 innocent people.
    When people kill and get away with it how do you think they feel?

ReputationRep:
    Extraordinary explanations need extraordinary evidences, so I am in the unknown state about 9/11

ReputationRep:
    Aliens did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    The questions about the third tower haven't been answered. That is the only thing that makes me think it was an inside job. Almost 10 years and there's been no answer to why a building otherwise unaffected by the planes completely collapsed in a demolition fashion. Also the fact that it was a headquarters for the CIA is extremely fishy.
    They have been answered completely by the official NIST report along with everything else. It's also explained on several conpiracy debunking websites. Next time Google before you don't know something. But just to save you some time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kSq663m0G8

ReputationRep:
    The USA gets comparatively little oil/petroleum from Iraq. 422,000 barrels a month compared to 3,000,000 from Canada & Nigeria.
    Thats what you think.

ReputationRep:
    but why?
    Because there is about a 100 times more evidence to argue against conspiracies than there is to argue for them.

ReputationRep:
    The USA gets comparatively little oil/petroleum from Iraq. 422,000 barrels a month compared to 3,000,000 from Canada & Nigeria.
    Yes but Us corporations make tons of money in Iraq like private military contractors and construction companies.Its a good deal aint it destroy a country first and then rebuild it.

ReputationRep:
    How could a passenger plane hit the Pentagon?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.