Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TALK! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Self-taught only :cool:

So how is History in UEA? What does the course contains? I'm so interested, I wanted to do an History degree before

Gosh, you should see my bedroom
    Ooh, if I only I had the time to learn another language haha :rolleyes:

It sounds amazing, it had everything that I wanted to learn in it - French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Native Americans, The Crusades, Witchcraft... I love it What made you choose Japanese over History?

Ahahaha, same. To get to my bed it involves a combination of hopping, jumping and flying. Or things get crushed. No jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOA Vamp)
    Ooh, if I only I had the time to learn another language haha :rolleyes:

It sounds amazing, it had everything that I wanted to learn in it - French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Native Americans, The Crusades, Witchcraft... I love it What made you choose Japanese over History?

Ahahaha, same. To get to my bed it involves a combination of hopping, jumping and flying. Or things get crushed. No jokes
    It just takes a lot time and dedication (though now it's not the best time, since you doing A2, even I am having a hard time to carry on with my self learning)

French + Russian Revolution and The Crusades sounds lovely :love:

Well, first it was History, then Politics, but I became extremely interested in Japan, so Japanese took over me I'm also keen in learning different languages(I am Portuguese), and different cultures have always fascinated me

ReputationRep:
    It just takes a lot time and dedication (though now it's not the best time, since you doing A2, even I am having a hard time to carry on with my self learning)

French + Russian Revolution and The Crusades sounds lovely :love:

Well, first it was History, then Politics, but I became extremely interested in Japan, so Japanese took over me I'm also keen in learning different languages(I am Portuguese), and different cultures have always fascinated me
    Maybe I'll learn another language at uni. Though I want to carry on learning Latin (sounds a bit pretentious I know haha) and then maybe Russian or something. How long have you been teaching yourself?

I think so too, though usually I'm only interested in things pre-1800 and now I'm interested in a bit of modern history, so it might be a really mixed module course in the end.

I had a bit of jumping about with courses as well, but in the end I couldn't really choose anything but History. So I assume you speak Portugese? Do you speak other languages apart from Portugese, English and Japanese? It's quite a good mix though

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll learn another language at uni. Though I want to carry on learning Latin (sounds a bit pretentious I know haha) and then maybe Russian or something. How long have you been teaching yourself?

I think so too, though usually I'm only interested in things pre-1800 and now I'm interested in a bit of modern history, so it might be a really mixed module course in the end.

I had a bit of jumping about with courses as well, but in the end I couldn't really choose anything but History. So I assume you speak Portugese? Do you speak other languages apart from Portugese, English and Japanese? It's quite a good mix though
    Almost 2 years now, but I am taking it slow Latin? that's :awesome:!!

I understand Spanish, and a bit of Italian (Romance languages are all similar in a way) but that's all

ReputationRep:
    Almost 2 years now, but I am taking it slow Latin? that's :awesome:!!

I understand Spanish, and a bit of Italian (Romance languages are all similar in a way) but that's all
    Nothing wrong with that, it's not as if you're working towards an exam or anything Wow, thanks I thought it might come in useful studying early History, and another thing to add to my list.

I know, Spanish and Italian are so similar it's pretty easy to learn one once you know the other. You know more than a lot of people for sure :love:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that, it's not as if you're working towards an exam or anything Wow, thanks I thought it might come in useful studying early History, and another thing to add to my list.

I know, Spanish and Italian are so similar it's pretty easy to learn one once you know the other. You know more than a lot of people for sure :love:
    You think so? Hahaa thanks

I'm not sure what to do after though, don't wanna do any teaching/translating but I want to use language...maybe work in Finance in Japan or South Korea :ahee:

And you?

ReputationRep:
    You think so? Hahaa thanks

I'm not sure what to do after though, don't wanna do any teaching/translating but I want to use language...maybe work in Finance in Japan or South Korea :ahee:

And you?
    Don't worry about it! At least studying the languages at degree level should enable you to get into work easily other there in some aspects, rather than going over there and having to got to a language school for a year before working

I want to teach History, not sure if at secondary or college level though, depends if I need to do an extra year of study or not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it! At least studying the languages at degree level should enable you to get into work easily other there in some aspects, rather than going over there and having to got to a language school for a year before working

I want to teach History, not sure if at secondary or college level though, depends if I need to do an extra year of study or not :rolleyes:
    For teaching I think you need A PGCE( or something like that) It's basically an extra year of study. Apparently is very hard work

ReputationRep:
    For teaching I think you need A PGCE( or something like that) It's basically an extra year of study. Apparently is very hard work
    I know you need the PGCE for secondary school, for college I wasn't sure if you needed to just do the PGCE or do a Masters as well. Nooooooooooooo.... more work haha. Would you really consider moving to Japan?

ReputationRep:
    I know you need the PGCE for secondary school, for college I wasn't sure if you needed to just do the PGCE or do a Masters as well. Nooooooooooooo.... more work haha. Would you really consider moving to Japan?
    :yep: Definitely. It would be weird though, a tall, black person with an :afro: walking down Tokyo :rofl: Kinda bizarre I must say

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Definitely. It would be weird though, a tall, black person with an :afro: walking down Tokyo :rofl: Kinda bizarre I must say
    Good on you if you go for it. I like the idea of moving abroad, but I think I would be too concerned about having the money and things before I would do it. Hahaha, probably a bit bizarre but whatever, if you want to do it you can handle being the odd one out :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Good on you if you go for it. I like the idea of moving abroad, but I think I would be too concerned about having the money and things before I would do it. Hahaha, probably a bit bizarre but whatever, if you want to do it you can handle being the odd one out :cool:
    Thanks

A bit off topic - how did you find TSR? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

A bit off topic - how did you find TSR? :holmes:
    I can't really remember tbh, I think I was googling it as someone mentioned it on Facebook. And then I found it quite interesting and joined it after a few months You?

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember tbh, I think I was googling it as someone mentioned it on Facebook. And then I found it quite interesting and joined it after a few months You?
    I was looking for exam answers and info about Universities

Lurked for a few months, then was brave enough to create an account...and here I am

ReputationRep:
    I was looking for exam answers and info about Universities

Lurked for a few months, then was brave enough to create an account...and here I am
    Fair enough What subjects do you currently study? I was looking for things about unis as well, and I ended up finding out loads about one that I'm not going to haha.

I don't know why I created an account half the time, I guess to post really, but then I've had so many negs on a few posts I wonder why I bothered. So many haters at times lol. Indeed

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough What subjects do you currently study? I was looking for things about unis as well, and I ended up finding out loads about one that I'm not going to haha.

I don't know why I created an account half the time, I guess to post really, but then I've had so many negs on a few posts I wonder why I bothered. So many haters at times lol. Indeed
    Gov and Politics, Psychology and Media studies :ninja:

Dropped English Lit in AS with a B

And don't worry about the neg reps, I used to have a red gem just a few weeks ago :eek: is hard to find someone on TSR that respects your opinions

ReputationRep:
    Gov and Politics, Psychology and Media studies :ninja:

Dropped English Lit in AS with a B

And don't worry about the neg reps, I used to have a red gem just a few weeks ago :eek: is hard to find someone on TSR that respects your opinions
    Hahaha, don't worry about Media Studies
    What entry requirements do you need for Japanese and Korean then?
    What course/exam board did you do for Lit? I hate AQA and Lit B with an absolute passion.

In think I went to no gems, it just shows that opinion on TSR is heavily divided really :rolleyes: I respect people's opinions, but if someone really, REALLY irritates me then I'll neg them. I generally give pos rep :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, don't worry about Media Studies
    What entry requirements do you need for Japanese and Korean then?
    What course/exam board did you do for Lit? I hate AQA and Lit B with an absolute passion.

In think I went to no gems, it just shows that opinion on TSR is heavily divided really :rolleyes: I respect people's opinions, but if someone really, REALLY irritates me then I'll neg them. I generally give pos rep :cool:
    SOAS - AAB - Japanese
    AAA - Japanese and Korean
    Sheffield - AAB -ABB (not sure :erm:)
    Leeds - AAB( I think)
    Newcastle - ABB

I did AQA I hated it too, the coursework was annoyin :mad:

Today I got a neg rep for posting "" on a thread :confused:

ReputationRep:
    SOAS - AAB - Japanese
    AAA - Japanese and Korean
    Sheffield - AAB -ABB (not sure :erm:)
    Leeds - AAB( I think)
    Newcastle - ABB

I did AQA I hated it too, the coursework was annoyin :mad:

Today I got a neg rep for posting "" on a thread :confused:
    Not too bad then, they're about the same as mine.

Coursework was alright on my part, it was the exam that mad me angry [s]mob[s]

Lol. What was the thread?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad then, they're about the same as mine.

Coursework was alright on my part, it was the exam that mad me angry [s]mob[s]

Lol. What was the thread?
    I can't remember the exact title, something like "I GOT MY FIRST OFFER!!11" it is in the Application and UCAS sub-forum, and everyone was congratulating her. I decided to do the same with an '' and got neg repped few minutes after. I lol'd :laugh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.