Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions about braces + pics of my teeth Watch

ReputationRep:
    I paid £750 and they were on for less than a year. My teeth were fairly straight already apart from one rogue though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine cost £2300

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhitemrT)
    Hey, can anyone thats used a orthodontist to get braces tell me how much they paid and for how long they had their braces in? Im 19 in full time education does anyone know if I can get them free?

O and hi everyone i just joined :cool:

There's no way you'd get braces on the NHS! (I should know)

Your teeth are fine, leave them be

ReputationRep:
    I had private orthodontic treatment from age 8 to 18. The reason I started so early was because my baby teeth all fell out very early. Overall I've had 4 different types of braces. My train tracks alone costed £3000 excluding check up costs. Each check up since I was 8 was about £35. My teeth look brilliant and straight now and I get compliments on them all the time, it's definitely money well spent.

Because of your age you might find it hard getting them on the NHS because your teeth don't look that bad. It's best to go for a check up and ask about your options.

ReputationRep:
    £0 and I had them in for ages because I had 2 types of removable brace for 1-2 years, then a fixed brace for 2-3 I think, my teeth were completely screwed though. Yours look fine to me, it's a pretty bad photo though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhitemrT)
    Hey, can anyone thats used a orthodontist to get braces tell me how much they paid and for how long they had their braces in? Im 19 in full time education does anyone know if I can get them free?

O and hi everyone i just joined :cool:
    I got mine for £2100 and had them on for 20 months (was told 18 months grrr)
    But that was done privately, not sure where the NHS stands on braces on older people, i'm guessing they won't though.

ReputationRep:
    I paid £3200 for my braces, they are Damon system, clear on the top and just metal on the bottom. I still have them on but I've been told total treatment time will be approximately 18-20 months.

From your pictures I don't think you'd warrant NHS treatment because although you may not like your teeth, to me atleast they really don't look bad, but then again I'm not a dentist/orthodontist so the only real way you'd find out is to pay a professional a visit.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.