Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men wearing Uggs - yes or no? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No. Please, no.

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: <--- my face when I saw the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    Most Uggs aren't waterproof. Or hard wearing. Or supportive of your ankle. Or grippy. They thus fail to meet any functional use one would expect for "boots".

Using them anywhere away from the highstreet (or on the high street if icy) is a really bad idea and likely to trash both your feet and those expensive "boots". Wellies with thick socks would be cheaper and a bit more useful, proper hiking boots and thick socks would be a LOT more useful.

ReputationRep:
    No never. Noooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    .... i hate uggs on everybody.

ALL-WHITE NIKE AIR FORCE ONE HI TOPS FTW <3

ReputationRep:
    no no no no noo.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like Uggs in general, but I think the same rules apply for men as women : THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE.

ReputationRep:
    I love my Uggs. :love:
    Would not like to see a man wearing them though. o.O

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at all wearing slippers outside? No.

ReputationRep:
    Its so no, even reading the name of this thread made me recoil.

But hey, IMO, women wearing uggs should be banned too!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasin_arshad)
    I wear them in the snow....
    Terrible idea. They are awful in the snow; have very little grip at all and the material doesn't resist the effects of the adverse weather conditions. Get some boots that are actually designed for bad weather.

ReputationRep:
    If you are Gay- Yes.
    Straight- :no:

ReputationRep:
    I saw a guy in London wearing them. I admit I did stop and stare for a minute or two, wondering if my eyes had deceived me. Unfortunately they had not. It was a guy, wearing Uggs.

So, no, Uggs should be banned from both sexes. In fact, they should just stop making them. We'd all be better off not having to look at such ugly, useless footwear.

ReputationRep:
    Noone should own a pair. They look like boots with ferrets attached to them.

ReputationRep:
    No thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Men in Uggs should be lined up and shot. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Retch

would a bloke not need small, ladylike feet to fit them in aforementioned footwear anyway?

ReputationRep:
    NO

ReputationRep:
    They're essentially glorified slippers; no one should wear them outdoors. If someone bought me some I'd happily wear them indoors, to and from the gym or something like that just for the comfort/warmth. They do look terrible though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.